IFIWMB 58: The real groom

France’s POV

“Sigurado ka ba dyan sa plano mo?” Mariin kong tanong sa pesteng kaharap ko ngayon.

“Yes of course! Atsaka, I know it will work. Be patient man! Madali lang sila kausapin.” I want to punch Angie’s face when he said that. Madaling kausapin? Ano akala niya sakin, bobo? It was never easy to talk to them about this! Sinaktan ko si Ember. Damn!

“They won’t like me.” I said, shooking my head.

“Of course they won’t like you.” I threw him my deepest glare but he only laughed at me.

“Hahaha! Hindi pa kasi ako tapos dude. They won’t like you, they’ll love you! ‘to naman. Di na mabiro! Haha!” I rolled my eyes at him and took a sip of my choco latte coffee.

“Yuck. Ayusin mo nga. Corny mo na.”

“Oo na. Tss. Ito yung gagawin mo...”

Third person’s POV

“France.” She whispered under her breath. What is he doing in my wedding? Oo nga naman, ano ang ginagawa niya dito? Didn’t he forgot about her already? But that seems like impossible to forget about her. He loves her. How could he forget the woman he wants to be with for a lifetime? And JA’s beside him? Taka ni Ember. JA’s his best man. Why? Malalaman din natin.

France’s POV

“Pero dude..”

“Ano ka ba dude? I’ll help you! Marami akong connections! Tss. Tell them you love her! Maiintindihan nila ‘yon!” Angie just raised his voice on me. Damn! Kung hindi ko lang talaga kaibigan ‘to.

Okay fine!

“Ano ba ang gagawin ko?” I’m starting to get pissed.

“Simple. You’ll be the real groom in the wedding. You’ll marry her.” Lately ko lang rin nalaman na ikakasal na siya. Dang! Hindi pwede ‘yon. Kung noon hindi ko siya naipaglaban, pwes ipaglalaban ko na siya ngayon! I’m desperate for it!

“Of course I will!” Hindi ako papayag na ipakasal na lang siya iba. I know and I have a hundred percent gut feel na ako pa rin ang mahal niya. It was really me in the first place, anyway! I was once her first love, now I’ll prove it to everyone that I’m her true love.

“I’ll take her back. Whatever it takes.” I’ll do it. For us.

“Good luck dude.” Angie said and tapped my back.

For better or for worse.

-Present- (Author’s POV)

Nagsimulang tumalikod ang dalaga at akmang tatakbo na palabas ng simbahan nang habulin ito ng binata at hinawakan ang braso. Damn, I miss her. Touching her skin like this makes me wanna smile so hard. Sabi niya sa sarili.

“Please don’t run away from me again.” Halata sa boses nito ang lungkot. Ang takot. His voice broke.

Ember remained silent. A tear escaped her eye—shooking her head, pretending to be strong in front of them.

“I-I’m sorry.”

A moment of silence filled the church. She was confused—with everyone, even with JA. Bakit siya ang best man ni France? Bakit—hindi siya ang ipapakasal sa akin? Why France? Why him? She asked, particularly, talking to no one.