Dinner

{A month later}

Rory

I walk into Dad's office and find him hunched over his desk. As I shut the door he looks up at me and sets his pen down.

"Are you okay son?" Dad asks and I smile.

"I'm fine. I just came to tell you that Greg is here with his boss. They're waiting for you in the main lounge."

"Alright." He says and stands up. We both walk out of his office and he takes my hand. We walk out there and Greg smiles over at us.

"Glad to see you got him out of his office." Greg says and I grin before letting go of Dad's hand and run towards Greg. I hug him tightly and he hugs me as well.

"I've missed you."

"I've missed you too. I've just been so caught up with work that I couldn't get time away to come and spend time with you. I couldn't even call if I wanted." He says.

His boss clears his throat and I look up at him and hug Greg tighter. I look back at Greg and he has a defeated expression on his face, but quickly changes it when he notices that I'm looking.

"What can I help you both with?" Dad asks in the nicest voice he can manage without sounding like he's annoyed.

"I need to speak with you about Lestrade. You can send this one off somewhere else for the time being. I'm sure he and Lestrade can catch up another time." The guy says and looks at me.

I don't miss the scowl Dad makes before replacing it again as the man looks at him.

"Son why don't you go to my study for a little while? This shouldn't take long, and then I'll start cooking lunch." Dad says and I let go of Greg and make my way out of the room.

As I pass by Dad, he hands me his mobile discreetly. I go to his study and see that he's been texting Uncle Sherlock. Just as I shut the study doors, Uncle Sherlock calls.

"Hello Rory."

"Hello Uncle Sherlock."

"I take it, that you're in Mycroft's study?"

"Ya."

"Do you have any way of monitoring what's going on in the main lounge?"

"Ya, he's got computer monitors on one of the desks."

"Great. I want to go over to them and send the live feed to my laptop. Can you do that for me?"

"Yup."

I do just as he asks and wait a bit until I'm certain he got it.

"Thank you Rory. Why don't you read for a little while, and call me if you need anything."

"I will. Bye Uncle Sherlock, I love you."

"Goodbye Rory. I love you too."

With that he hangs up and I find a random book to read until Dad comes to get me.

{In the main lounge}

Mycroft

Each word this idiot has to say, make me feel as if I'm losing brain cells.

"So with that out of the way. If you're going to be taking him from work, then tell me." Gregory's boss says and I have to stop myself from laughing.

"I'm sorry but if I need Gregory then I will be getting him when I need him. But along with that, my son Rory enjoys seeing him from time to time. You recently have deprived them both of spending time together. Gregory is overwhelmed and overworked."