It's not possible. Accept that it is

Sherlock 

Impossible, this is not possible. Mycroft has to know that this is impossible. The evidence is here and everything matches, but the chances of my nephew still being alive are slim. I want him to be alive, but the chances are so far out there. 

I pull my phone out of my pocket and pull up Mycroft's private number. My finger hovers over the call button before I click it and wait for him to answer. It rings multiple times and I wait for him to answer my damn call. 

"Damn it, answer your damn phone!" 

"Sherlock, you've looked over the file then?"

"You answered. Ya I looked over it and there is no way that he can still be... there is no way that he can still be alive."

"I know. The problem is that we have evidence that he is." 

"Mikey, I know how badly you want him to still be alive. Believe me when I tell you that I want him to be alive still as well, but we have no way of know that it is actually him. 

"Don't you think I know that Sherlock!"

"Don't yell at me."

"I'm sorry. I just want to know if there is any possible way that it's him. I'll be coming back soon when I get more information."   

"What about informing John and Lestrade?"

"I want to know for sure before I involve them. Please just keep it at that until I get back fully. I don't want them to get involved in our family matter if it's not him."

"I understand. Mikey..."

"Yes?"

"Be careful."

"I will. I'll see you soon brother mine."

I pull my phone away from my ear and continue to look through the file. He's right, all of the information lines up and it seems very likely that it's him. The age lines up and he was born the same day. 

"August 10th, 2015. It all matches, but there is no way." 

"What matches Sherlock?" I hear John ask. I turn around quickly as John and Lestrade stand in the doorway and look at me confused. 

"Nothing that you need to worry about. It has to do with what's in the file and something isn't adding up, but it also adds up perfectly. 

"How so?" Graham asks.

"Don't worry about it. I'm waiting on more information to check it against that to see if I'm right." They don't look convinced, but they let it at that for now and I take the file to my room so they don't get the chance to look through it at all.

I walk back out but I can't get the information out of my head. There is no way that he can still be alive, he has no way of still being alive. "Taken October 25, 2017. Unless there is a way for him to get a hold of any of us if he even knows us for that mater, then why hasn't he done so yet? Though he likely doesn't remember us."

"Who?" John asks and I ignore him. "Sherlock who are you talking about?" He asks again but I start to pace the room as I wait on Mycroft to get back to me. 

"Sherlock what is going on?" George asks and my phone rings. I answer it and put it up to my ear. 

"I'm on my way back."

"You got the information already?"

"Yes."

"And?"

"Get Gregory and John there."

"They already are."

"I'll be there soon."