A night to ourselves

{A few weeks later}

Greg

Rory convinced me to sit at the dining table and draw with him and I don't think I've had this much fun just sitting and drawing mindlessly.

"Dad, do you want to draw with us?" Rory asks and I look up and see Myc walking in.

"Give about 20 minutes and I'll join you. I've got one more thing I have to get done with today." Myc says and grabs a glass and fills it with water before taking his medication and heading back to his office.

{When Mycroft joins them}

I watch as Mycroft comes out and sets his phone on the counter before walking over to us and I watch as he sighs and places a hand on his chest.

"Myc are you doing okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm just feeling a bit of pain in my chest due to taking my medicine on an empty stomach." He says and I sigh and grab a few crackers and hand them to him.

"Are you sure that's all?"

"Yes Gregory, I'm fine." He kisses me and I kiss him back before remembering that Rory is in the room.

I pull away and look at Rory and he has the biggest grin on his face and I roll my eyes. Myc grabs a paper from the stack and a pencil. I look over and make sure he's eating the crackers and go back to drawing.

When we finish Rory shows us his drawing of a car and I admire the amount of detail to it. They both then look at my drawing of a poorly drawn kitchen.

Myc then shows us his and I can't help but stare at it in awe.

"Myc, how the hell did you draw this?"

"With a pencil." He says and I roll my eyes.

"I mean, did you manage to draw Rory and I so well?"

"I've had a lot of practice when it comes to to drawing people." He says and leans over and kisses me before standing up and walking to the fridge to grab something.

He walks back over and Rory checks his mobile and then gets up and runs off towards his room.

"What is he doing?"

"Sherlock said that they were going to the movies. John told me that he would be going with them to make sure that they actually go to watch a movie." He says and Rory walks back over with a night bag.

"Have fun and call me or have John call me if Uncle Sherlock starts to act off." He says and Rory nods.

"I will." Rory says and hugs us both. John and Sherlock walk into the kitchen and Rory walks over and hugs them both.

"We'll have him back tomorrow afternoon. It can be later or earlier if you need." John says.

"Afternoon is fine. Call me if you need me." Myc says.

"I'll text you if necessary." Sherlock says and Mycroft scowls.

"Call." Myc says and Sherlock sighs.

"Fine." Sherlock says and rolls his eyes. Rory kicks him in the shin and Sherlock bites his lip as Mycroft smiles.

"Rory, what did you do that for?"

"Reasons." Rory says and Mycroft chuckles.

"Have fun and stay safe. All of you." Mycroft says and they all nod before waving and leaving.

Once they're gone, Mycroft lays his head on the table and closes his eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." He says and I roll my eyes.