A meeting with Mummy

{A week later}

Mycroft

Sherlock is pacing my dining room impatiently as we wait on Mummy to get here. Rory has gone out with Anthea to the zoo while we have this meeting.

Doctor Watson and Gregory both elected to stay with us and I'm quite glad that they have. Sherlock is calmer with John around and I enjoy Gregory's company.

The door opens and we all look over to see Mummy walking in. She closes the door and stands there for a minute before walking over to the table.

When she sits, Sherlock follows suit and sits to my left. Gregory is to my right and John is to the left of Sherlock. Perfectly positioned to keep Sherlock and I in the middle with John and Gregory on the outside as this happens.

"Sherlock, Myc, how are you both? I've missed you." Mummy says.

"Mycroft is the name you have given me, if you could, do struggle to the end."

She only scowls at me and I return the look. Nothing is spoken for a while until she looks at Sherlock.

"Sherlock, what have you been up to as of late?" She asks.

"Solving murders with my friend John Watson." Sherlock says and her face goes from one of shock before turning to anger and she looks at me.

"What are you thinking? I told you to look after him and you let him do this! I always knew he was the more responsible one, but this just proves it!" She shouts at me and I can see Gregory clench his fists.

John's face sets into a cold stare with the smallest possible smile one can ever manage. Sherlock stares unblinking at her and glares. I only sit there and look at her. None of her behavior is new to me and I'm not surprised in the slightest.

"What is it that you wanted to visit us about?"

"I'm wanted to inform you both that I'm remarrying." She says and all of us sit back slightly. Nothing she would notice, but we can all see it within us all and the same thought in my head passes through Sherlock's as our eyes meet for a fraction of a second.

"To who?" Sherlock asks and she gets up before walking to the doors she entered from and opening one.

A man walks through and I can see the confusion on John and Gregory's faces but Sherlock and I both know this man. I feel my body freeze for a moment and Sherlock keeps his attention on the man.

"Hello again Mycroft, Sherlock. It's been a long time since I've seen you both. Mycroft have you kept up your playing since you and I last had a lesson?" The guy asks and I finally find my voice again.

"Get out."

"I'm sorry?" He says.

"Get out!"

"Myc!" Mummy shouts and I stand up as I slam my hands onto my dining table.

"I SAID GET OUT!"

"This is no way to talk to your father!" She yells at me.

"THAT MAN WILL NEVER BE MY FATHER! IF I EVER SEE HIM NEAR ME, SHERLOCK, MY SON, OR ANYONE ELSE THAT IS CLOSE TO SHERLOCK OR I, THEN SO HELP ME GOD THAT I DON'T HAVE HIM ARRESTED ON THE SPOT!"

"ALEXANDER MYCROFT SIGER HOLMES THAT IS ENOUGH!" Mummy shouts at me and I freeze. Sherlock stands up and places a hand on my shoulder.

"I think it's time you leave." Sherlock says.

"Sherlock?" Mummy asks but soon she and the man leave. The room is spinning and my ears are ringing as I hear her slam the doors behind her as she leaves.