Really

{The following morning}

Rory

I watch as Uncle Sherlock and John walk in and they smell of alcohol.

"How was the pub?"

"It was fine." They both say and I roll my eyes and look at Mrs. Hudson.

"How's Mycroft doing?" Mrs. Hudson asks.

"He's having a grand time with Lestrade at the moment." Uncle Sherlock says.

"I didn't want to know that."

Though I'm happy for my Dad, I really don't want to know what he's doing with Greg when I'm not home.

"I still want to remove my eyes along with that memory." John says.

"You guys see murder victims almost every day. How is what you saw the worst thing you've seen?"

The room is silent for a bit and I sigh. Mrs. Hudson gets up and goes down to her flat and I lay on the couch.

John and Uncle Sherlock walk into the kitchen to talk and I pick up the book I put in my bag and read it for a few hours.

"Rory." John says.

"Yes?"

"Can you come here for a minute?" He asks and I make a mental note of what page I'm on before closing my book.

I get up and walk into the kitchen and see Uncle Sherlock working on an experiment. I look at John and he smiles.

"Would you like to join me as I get the shopping?" He asks.

"Sure."

We leaves and he gets a cab and when we get in I go back to reading. To be quite honest, I'm just happy to be getting out for a bit. It's refreshing to be out of the house for once.

"So Rory, are you going to attend school in person any time soon?" John asks and breaks me from my thoughts.

"When I head off to Uni."

"When will you do that?" He asks.

"Next year."

"Really?" He asks and I nod.

"Ya. Dad and Aunt Anthea have helped me with the process of enrolling. The University just wants me to wait another year so I'm a bit older."

"So where are you going?" He asks.

"You'll have to wait and find out."

The cab stops and we get out. John pays the fare and we walk into the shop. I follow him around and just kinda let him do everything.

When we get to the chip and pin machine John grumbles. We ring everything up and I take Uncle Sherlock's card and type the pin in. The transaction is approved and I hand it back to John.

"No need to shout abuse at the machine again."

"How did you know about that?" He asks.

"My Dad."

{Later, back at Baker Street}

"Eurus what on earth are you talking about?" Uncle Sherlock says when we start putting the shopping away.

My mobile starts ringing and I pull it out of my pocket to answer it.

"Hello."

"Hello Rory. How are things over there?"

"They're good. How's everything over there?"

"They're good. Your Dad wanted me to check on you while he has a meeting at his main office."