When the hell was this

{A month after everything happened}

Greg

I'm pacing my office as I wait for John to show up. I hear his signature knock and open the door. He walks in and looks at me confused.

"Greg what's going on?" He asks and I run and hand through my hair nervously.

"Okay so you know how I was just supposed to let Mycroft get close to me and have a friend in his life?"

"Ya?" He says and I bite the inside of my cheek for a moment.

"I think I'm actually falling for him."

"You mean to tell me that you have a crush of Mycroft bloody Holmes?" He says and I nod.

"I don't know what to do. Do I tell him how I feel or do I stay quiet about it?"

"I'm sure he already knows. So why not tell him?" John says as if it's the easiest thing in the world.

"Yes because I can just tell the literal embodiment of the British Government, that I fancy him."

"Well, what else do you want me to say Greg? You both deserve to be happy and Rory already talks about you enough, as if you're his other Dad." He says and I look at him confused.

"He does?"

"Ya. The day you took him with you to work because Mycroft had meetings all day and well into the night. Rory had so many things to tell Sherlock and I about. His eyes got all bright like they do when he talks about Mycroft. So I say go for it." He says and I sigh.

"Thank John."

"Of course mate." He says and we both get a text from Sherlock.

Sherlock

Come to the flat. -SH

I shove my mobile in my pocket and John does the same with his, and I grab my keys. We walk out and over to my car.

I drive us to 221B and can't help but wonder what Sherlock wants us for. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. For what he's got to tell us. He rarely ever asks for me to come over to their flat. It's typically always John who calls me over.

When I pull up to the curb I park my car and we get out. I lock it up and we head inside. John nods to Mrs. Hudson and I smile over at her and she waves me over.

John looks back and nods before walking up to his flat and I walk over to Mrs. Hudson.

"Is everything alright?"

"Everything is fine dear. I was just wondering how Mr. Holmes was doing. I know that he was having some trouble about a month back." She says and I take moment to figure out who she means.

"Mycroft?"

"Yes dear." She says.

"Well he was, and still is. But it's getting better, slowly."

"Thank you for letting me know. Before you leave, I'll have a tray of cookies for you and one for him and his son." She says and I smile.

"Thank you. And I'm sure they'll both appreciate it." She smiles and looks a bit sad but also a little relived to know how Myc is doing.

She goes to turn away and go back into her flat, but I can't just let her go back in there after looking like that and not having anyone to talk to about what's going on with her.