Rory's Mother

{The day of her arrival}

Rory

Greg is talking with Dad in his office and I wait patiently in the lounge when there came a knock on the front door.

I waited for Dad to come out of his office and Greg walked out with him and he came over to me as Dad went to the front door.

"I don't want them to argue."

Greg looks at me confused and I hug him as Dad walks in with a woman who I can only assume is my Mom.

"Is this my son?" The woman asks and I shrink behind Greg and he hugs me.

"Rory, say hi." Greg whispers to me but I wave at her and Dad seems glad that I did that at least.

"Rory? Is that what you named him?" She asks Dad and I see his expression shift slightly.

"Yes. I asked you if you had a preference and you don't give me an answer." Dad says and she looks appalled.

"Well then, Rory can you come here sweetheart?" She asks but I hold onto Greg tightly.

She goes from happy to slightly angry and I look at Greg and he seems to have noticed as well. I want nothing more than to get up and hug my Dad tightly, but that requires getting near her.

"Son, I'm your Mother, can I have a picture please?" She asks and I shrink behind Greg even more and hug him tightly.

"Rory, son can you come over here please?" Dad asks and I leap off the couch and run at Dad and hug him tightly as he hold onto me.

"So what? He goes to you and your boy toy but not me?" She says and I feel rage boil inside me as she calls Greg my Dad's boy toy.

"Gregory is not my boy toy." Dad says and goes to say more but I interject.

"I go to them because they're there for me! You abandoned me when I was a baby and Dad has been the only one there for me! Greg has come into my life a few years ago and has been a big help as well and I am so glad to have both of them in my life! I have no idea who you are other than someone who walked out on my Dad when he needed you most to raise me!"

"You told him I walked out on you!" She yells at Dad and he pulls me behind him.

"That's exactly what you did when you left for the states and never reached out to ask how he was or anything." Dad says and a cold tone and Greg stands up and walks over to us and places a hand on Dad's shoulder.

She looks pissed off and slaps my Dad hard across his face. He just stands there and I look at her terrified and Greg tries to step in between her and Dad, but Dad stops him and pushes Greg behind him as well.

I hug Greg tightly and he holds me close to him as he watches Dad and that woman who I have to know is my mother.

Dad doesn't react and just stands there and watches her and she slaps him again. This time she slaps him much harder and her nails dig into his cheek and causes him to bleed.

"Get out." Greg says and she looks at him with absolute hatred and I look at Greg and he looks ready to attack her.

"You have no say in this." She says and Dad snaps out of it and turns her around and forcefully shoves her towards the front door and outside.

When they get outside I don't know what happens until Dad walks back inside and slams the front door shut causing me to jump. I know he re locked the front door before walking over and I run over to him and he picks me up and I hug him tightly.

"It's okay, Rory. She's gone." Dad says and Greg walks over and places a hand on my back and Dad kisses my cheek.

I see Greg move my Dad's face and examine the damage to his face and I look away from it. Greg sighs and walks away for a moment before returning with a few supplies to cover Dad's face.