claiming his queen 6

Waking up once again in the strange palace, you found yourself tucked into a giant plush bed. The deep blue silk sheets cradled your body as you pulled yourself from the clutches of sleep. Despite your grogginess, a rush of heat coarse through your body, and you feel light, almost weightless, as you move. Flashes of last night passed through your mind, the feeling of his fingers, the touch of his mouth on you. Your throat plunged into your stomach, mouth hanging wide open in horror. Even with the distinct lack of coldness that clung to your bones for the first time in almost a decade, it didn't make up for the utter mortification that boomed within you.

Oh god! You screamed into a pillow.

Gnawing on your bottom lip, you recalled every sinful detail. Your toes still curled at the mere thought. Even in your wildest dream, could you have imagined how fucked your life would be? But you didn't know what else you expected after that fateful night in the basement of the Burgess Manor.

Taking several deep breaths, you draw the sheets to your chest, glancing around the room. Surprisingly it was kidnapper free. Was he even a kidnapper? It's not like you tried to get away, but there wasn't much point. It wasn't like you could shimmy down the drainpipe, burst out the gates and bump into a police officer. Casting your eyes around the room, you realise despite the setting sky, it was brighter now. In the light, the room took on a majestic hue.

You did not doubt that this was Morpheus's room. It was a mix of light and dark; the clincher was the chiselled headboard. The sigil bared down at you, the same carved into your palm and forearm. It was the only proof needed that you were his. It doesn't mean you understood it, but it's proof of whatever this was.

"Oh, your awake." Matthew called, swooping down onto the bedpost, "my Lord, requests your presence for dinner. Your garments are in the wardrobe."

"Is there now."

You shouldn't have been surprised by the sheer size of the wardrobe; however, what did shock you was the single dress that hung invitingly in the middle of the room. Only Morpheus would want you to wear such an over-the-top gown. The colour suited your skin, and it was simple but gorgeous. Nothing you would ever dare to wear before, and unsurprisingly the neckline framed the spread of bruises that littered your throat.

Matthew guided you through the corridors, people bowing and scraping to you as you went. The dining room was more of a banquet room, a long-elongated table decorated in filigree and gold.

'You look beautiful.' Morpheus purred from the side.

You almost had to do a double take. He looked relaxed, his billowing jacket dancing around his legs as he cocked a glass of wine at you before taking your hand; he kissed your mark before guiding you towards the table. Despite his relaxed body, you saw the fire in his eyes and how his tongue drew against his bottom lip hungrily as he gently tucked your chair beneath you.

"I take it you had the liberty of creating my dress?"

''I had that honour. The neckline is very becoming,' he eyed the mark with pride. "I am sorry not to wake with you, but I thought it would ease you into the day.'

For that, you were thankful. If you had woken up to Morpheus in your bed after everything, it would have pushed you over the edge. An edge that you were already dangling precariously off.

"You need to eat...you can have anything you wish...' Morpheus purred, sliding into the seat at the head of the table next to you.

You sit wearily, eyeing the man cautiously while he fills your goblet with the same wine he sipped. Having a candle-lit meal was not your current idea of a pleasant evening. You wanted to bury yourself under a mountain of blankets and eat an extraordinary amount of junk food. Yet you were sitting in an elegant dining room poured into a tight dress.