taken

"He is my creation, I insist-"

"You have better things to do than chase around a rogue nightmare my love."

Morpheus sighed, you could see he was having an internal conflict. You knew the dangers of the waking world just as well as he did. But you liked to think you could handle said dangers without your husband lurking behind you. You climbed up the steps to his throne stopping just before you bumped into his knees.

"Let me go track Corinthian down, then I'll pop back here and fill you in. Might even be able to sweet talk him into coming back, I've been told I have quite the charm." ending your plea with a smile.

You could see the slight eye roll you were given, didn't change the fact Morpheus smirked the tiniest bit "Please don't try to confront him, I like to keep him far from you." he mumbled, standing up from his throne.

You leaned forward and wrapped your arms around Morpheus, he copied your actions immediately.

Moving his head down to speak into your ear, "Promise me you'll be safe my love."

You leaned back just enough to meet his eyes, "I promise, if it makes you feel better send Jessamy to keep an eye on me."

That was the last time you saw Morpheus, and that moment played over and over in your head.

"So which one have I got then?"

"You my friend have the King of Dreams wife locked up in your basement"

"What will she get me?"

"Not much I'm afraid, but do yourself a favor and make sure the sigils on the floor keep her powerless. The last thing you want is for her to zap back home and send her husband rampaging into your home." Corinthian stopped pacing the room. Adjusting his glasses before continuing, "Do yourself a favor and take that wedding ring of hers, that's the closest you'll get to any of Dreams power."

Soon your captor was stalking around you like a lion watching his prey. You felt sick, exposed, whatever other word fits that bill, you felt it. Listening to this man, who introduced himself as Roderick, rambles about how if you give him what he wants you can go free. Your eyes simply follow him around the room not saying a single word. As he left he thanked you for the gift, holding out your beloved wedding ring that now hung from a chain.

And so the rather uncomfortable days went on, as you sat contorted into a position that protected a bit of your modesty, feeling the anguish settle in your chest. Only being able to imagine what Morpheus was feeling. You did find a bit of solace when you had the women guards watching you. Their eyes stayed on their books, and when they looked at you the looks were filled with confusion.. and occasionally sadness.

Roderick came back to visit you again, but this time he got a reaction from you. Not that it mattered much to him, he just wanted you to cooperate.

"All you have to do is summon your Morpheus-"

"Don't you dare speak his name," you snapped startling him. The first words you'd spoken to him dripped with venom.

Tears welled in your eyes at the thought of Morpheus. Eventually left alone again you let the tears flow, choking back sobs. You could have wept forever if you wanted, but you collected yourself and returned to the stoic state you had adopted since being captured.

Hearing the flap of bird wings had your head snapping up towards the door, you watched Jessamy slip between the bars and flutter about your prison. You shifted to sit up more as she pecked at the glass, you smiled for the first time in years. Hope ignited in your chest, because if she sees you, Dream sees you.