CHAPTER 8: La Passione!

Sakuna sat in by herself at a diner, scrolling social media and looking at the recent news headlines...

Ulria, a planet she recognized the name of. Had been having political troubles and had traded rulers...and now that ruler was going after the planet of Kena without good reason.

Many of the country leaders of Kena have spoken out that war might be possible...

Sakuna had now been living as a citizen of Kena for 2 years...she was 18. Working an oddly well paying job at a convenience store near her apartment.

Her hair style was the same, most of her hair parted to her left and the right part shaved. but she wore a new black leather jacket, a shirt with one of her favorite bands, black pants with a silver chain sown into one of the pockets, larger leather boots, fingerless gloves, and silver ear cuffs.

She had also gotten her left arm tattooed with a full sleeve, beautiful vines and flowers which spread from her shoulder to her hand. With her fingers being roots...

But...she felt somebody watching her.

She looked up and to her right.

Sitting alone at a table slightly away from her, was a girl in a hoodie and jeans. With brown hair put up into a ponytail. Her skin was a few shades darker than Sakunas...and she was staring right at her with green eyes.

...Sakuna didn't think much of it and kept waiting for her food.

Until she felt someone sit next to her.

Sakuna looked up, and there was the same girl.

"Yo." She said smiling.

"...hi." Sakuna responded quietly.

"I'm Kamryn, you?"

Sakuna stared at the woman...

"Sakuna."

Kamryn sat back in the booth.

"Well, nice to meet you Sakuna."

A waiter came over and placed 3 plates of food...Sakuna's pancakes, hash browns and bacon...and Kamryn's biscuits and gravy.

"So...why did you move over here?" Sakuna asked, putting her phone away and grabbing a piece of her bacon.

"Your hot, I wanted to talk to you." Kamryn said honestly, starting to eat as well.

Sakuna blushed deeply. And tried to focus on eating...

But...Kamryn kept making conversation, and Sakuna couldn't help but reply...they kept talking more and more.

"Well uh- I gotta bounce." Kamryn said, writing up a small note for Sakuna.

"I'll pay for the food one my way out...this if for you." She said, tossing Sakuna a small note with her phone number.

"Maybe we could go on a date sometime." Kamryn suggested, getting up and leaving Sakuna be.

Sakuna had finished her meal a while ago...but decided to use the bathroom before she left, putting Kamryns number into her phone under 'Diner Girl' and then leaving.

Sakuna walked out...and found her beauty.

She had bought it as soon as she got her drivers license, a black and silver retro low rider motorcycle, damn she loved it.

She grabbed her black visor helmet, slipped it on, and sped off back down the city streets...

The rest of her day was...quite rough.

A long shift at the store, with many annoying customers, her manager being an asshole, and overall a pretty cloudy day...Sakuna always did better in clear and warm weather...the more light she got the better.