CHAPTER 6: Abandonment.

"2 and a half notches." Sakuna said, looking at the unsuspecting guard standing at the watchtower through the spotter binoculars.

Raya adjusted the location of her suppressed sniper rifle...and fired.

In a split second, the guard was down.

Sakuna moved her hand down and pressed a button on her belt.

"Outside guards are taken care of, no alarms raised. Over."

There was a second of silence before Zii's echoy voice came into her ear.

"Sakuna, do one last wipe of the perimeter and make sure. Raya, reposition to a better vantage point.

"Yes, your majesty." The two said In unison.

Sakuna stood up, slipping the binoculars into the side of her pack, pulling up her mask and sliding her aviator goggles down over her glasses. The picking her M8T out of the sand and slinging it over her left shoulder.

Raya chambered a new round, and then delved under the sand.

Sakuna leaped off thee front of the dune and began to slide towards the facility.

3 years.

Sakuna had been living with Haven for a little under 3 years now.

She turned 16 just two months ago and was already getting hit on by some of the new recruits. Now that Zii lowered the entrance range for Recruits to 16 instead of 18.

It was nice to have friends around her age again, but those silly dudes thought Sakuna was interested in them.

She made it to the bottom of the dune and kept making her way towards the facility...

Zii had finally found a new lead on Bunker 948, as they had finally learned its number to be. And one of the former heads of the project just so happened to be here. A former Sycano military test lab...

Sakuna neared the open gate, pulling her 1916 out of its holster and quickly screwing a suppressor onto its barrel...

She then slowed down and ducked behind a corner...

"I'm not seeing anyone from my point." Raya radioed into her ear.

Sakuna slipped around the corner and began to walk around the grounds more freely...the main tunnel into the rest of the facility wasn't open...yet. She had time.

She quickly swept most of the other buildings on the compound, finding barracks, weapon storage, a gym...

But her final building was one she hadn't expected...a lounge like room with a kitchen.

Sakuna reached down and clicked the button on her radio receiver.

"They got a coffee lounge or somethin."

Trenton's voice came over the radio.

''Make us some tea."

"...fuck off." She responded.

Sakuna carefully inched around the room...and found a guard. Unconscious with a big bottle of Syncano's best vodka.

"...poor bastard." Sakuna commented, quietly finishing him with her knife.

"Double checked, there was a guy who got absolutely knocked up...he's with Tamashi now." She radioed in.

"We'll be there in a minute." Renov responded.

And indeed, they were, a few minutes later.

Zii, Lizzy, Raya, Renov, Trenton, and Genna walked in through the gates...