49

Human had seven emotions and six desires, jealousy was one of the negative emotions.

When Shi Feixian saw Rong Xia raised his cup to Ban Hua, her stomach was flooded by a jar of vinegar, it was unbearably sour. Shi-furen on her side lightly patted the back of her hand, "Feixian, what happened?"

"Mother, I am fine." Shi Feixian looked outside the palace, "It's snowing again, would Elder Brother be cold?"

"Working for His Majesty is an honour for our Shi clan." Shi-furen saw her daughter was concerned of her brother, she smiled, "You don't have to worry, I have ordered warm clothing for your brother, he won't be too cold."

Shi Feixian reluctantly smiled, "It is good then."

A lot of people approached to curry favour with Shi-furen so she didn't notice anything unusual with her daughter, she had turned to talk to the lady seated next to her.

Ban Hua sat down next to Yin-shi, slipped her hand into her mother's warm palms, and leaned to rub the warmth off Yin-shi's body.

"Your hands are so cold." Yin-shi cupped her daughter's hands in her palms, she touched Ban Hua's palace robe, "You girl, you want to be beautiful so much that you don't care about cold."

"It wasn't cold before. On the way here there is a poor little eunuch, so I helped him a bit." Ban Hua squeezed closer, "Mother, you are very warm."

"Because I wear more than you." Yin-shi was both angry and amused, she could only helplessly said, "You are spoiled by your father."

Ban Hua didn't try to defend herself, she smiled to Yin-shi while looking very obedient.

"The Crown Prince has arrived, the Crown Princess has arrived."

Yin-shi and Ban Hua straightened their sleeves, they stood up to greet the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess.

Before she was married, the Crown Princess Shi-shi was renowned for being kind, filial and modest. After she became the Crown Princess, her virtues became even more widespread. Her looks and talents couldn't compare to younger sister Shi Feixian, but she was still one of the famous ladies of the Capital.

T/N – Married woman were called by their surname plus -shi (= clan), so the Crown Princess whose surname is Shi (= lit. stone) becomes Shi-shi.

Their marriage was harmonious and both were respectful to each other, the only thing not very good was that after four years there was still no child yet. The Crown Prince never complained, but as the Second Prince was going to get married soon, the Crown Princess had become increasingly anxious.

As they walked into the Great Hall, the Crown Prince took her hand and smiled to her.

Looking around, she whispered, "Your Highness, this is not proper." She pulled her hand out of the Crown Prince's palm.

The Crown Prince smiled helplessly, he walked into the hall side by side with her, but then she slowed down to make herself half step behind him.

"Greetings Crown Prince, Crown Princess."

The carpet was soft, as the Crown Princess saw everyone's bowed head, a little smile of satisfaction appeared on her lips.

Her steps slightly halted when she walked past Ban Hua. The red blood hairpin on Ban Hua's hair was piercing to the eyes.

As the future emperor, the Crown Prince's seat was slightly lower than the current emperor but still higher than everyone else. Only after the husband and wife sat down that everyone raised their heads again.

"Please everyone be seated," The Crown Prince rose, "Today is Imperial Father's birthday, this is a day to be celebrated by all. Everyone, don't need be too polite."