84.2

"Gong..... Gongzi, Fule Junzhu is here!" A pageboy came running in a rush with a panicking expression.

Shi Jin stood up from the chair, "Who did you say?"

"Fu.... Fule Junzhu." The pageboy thought of the guards Fule Junzhu brought, this could not be a social visit, this was coming to smash things up.

Shi Jin had no chance to speak, a clamour was heard from outside and a woman in a turquoise dress entered in quick steps. Her face was coloured with unresolved anger, "Shi-daren, I, this uninvited guest is here. You can't not welcome me, can you."

She walked like the wind, a whip in the hand, and sword-bearing guards behind. Not a visit, more like looking for trouble.

Just as the Dalisi officers thought that a fight was about to start, surprisingly Shi Jin was not upset at all. He said in a gentle voice, "Junzhu, please sit down and speak slowly. You are willing to visit, zaixia is very welcome."

Ban Hua sat down on a chair, "Everyone says I am rude and unreasonable. Since I am used to being rude, Shi-daren needs not give me meaningless courtesy. I heard Shi residence has purchased a batch of pearls but won't let Dalisi investigate. Why is that?"

"Junzhu, xiaguan thinks this is a misunderstanding." Shi Jin persuaded, "My sister is a weak woman, it's bad for her if it spreads outside that her wardrobe is investigated by Dalisi. Junzhu is also a lady, Junzhu must understand a lady's inconvenience."

"Shi-daren has forgotten whatever your sister has done. If a woman shouldn't inconvenient another woman, then why did she make things difficult for me?" Ban Hua's eyes met Shi Jin's head-on. "Fine if Shi-daren won't allow the investigation, but Shi-daren has to vouch that your sister is absolutely not involved. If you can do so, we'll leave right away."

Seeing the anger in her eyes, Shi Jin closed his eyes.

Four years ago he fell in love with a radiant and lively young girl, but she had had a fiancé. In a moment of despair, he volunteered to be stationed at the border and has only returned last year.

The woman he thought would have been someone's wife turned out to be still single, and she had become even more lively, even more dazzling, so bright that he did not dare to look too much. And now this woman, who was soon to marry someone else, was looking straight into his eyes for the first time. But there was no affection in her eyes, only hate and fury.

He thought the feelings from four years ago should have faded along with the past, but each and every sight of her, has brought back the yearning of the heart.

"Junzhu..... Is there the need push it so hard?" Shi Jin sighed, "This case has nothing to do with Shi family. You take such a risk to come, if nothing is found, how would you tell yourself?"

"There's nothing wrong with taking a risk for one's family. If I am wrong, I will apologise to Shi family in front of the whole Capital." Ban Hua coldly laughed, "I am not afraid of losing face, but I am afraid of missing out on the culprit."

Shi Jin stared at her dazedly, he was silent for a long time.

"You're so......."

So absurd, so wilful. How could there be such a woman on earth?

Shi Jin's heart was overwhelmed by a complex and indescribable emotion that it was hard to breathe. He looked at Ban Hua and blurted out a question that he shouldn't have asked.

"You're doing this, have you thought of how Count Cheng'an will think of you?"

How many men in the world were able to accept such a woman?