Bad things happen

TW: fighting, panic attack, maybe? Idk what it is.

They're talking about a prank here or fighting about it what ever, but it's not about The prank, did that make sense?

“How can you possibly be this stupid?” Remus asked, running his hand through his hair, pacing back and forth in front of the bed Sirius was sitting on. “Like seriously-” he saw Sirius open his mouth to say something. “No, Sirius. Don't.” He said, looking at him, knowing what he was about to say, and he definitely wasn't up for that right now.

Sirius rolled his eyes, leaning his head against the headboard. “I mean Sirius, I don't understand how you can even begin to think that that was a good idea. So please just explain what the hell is going on in your mind because I honestly don't understand.” He said, just getting more frustrated as Sirius didn't answer, but just stared up at him. “Answer me, Sirius.”

Sirius hugged his knees tighter to his chest, tearing his eyes off Remus' and looking at the wall behind him. He hadn't seen Remus this angry in a while, if ever. He knew the prank going wrong was partly this fault, but he didn't understand why Remus was so mad about it, it's not like this was the first time something went wrong.

“What do you want me to say?” He whispered, feeling the tears starting to burn in the corners of his eyes. This situation reminded him of something, but he couldn't quite make out what it was, he only knew it was something bad, and that it definitely happened before, maybe not here, though.

“I want you to answer me, just fucking explain what happened because you just earned us weeks worth of detention.” He could distantly hear Remus continue, but his talking just kind of tuned out without his permission. When he heard Remus raise his voice just slightly, he involuntarily flinched, scared of something happening. He just stared at the wall behind Remus, not taking his eyes off of that one slightly darker spot he had found.

He could still feel the tears pooling in his eyes, but he wouldn't let them fall. He wasn't supposed to cry, it wasn't right, so he wouldn't. He just stared at the wall, hugging his knees more tighter to his chest, waiting for Remus to stop. Just waiting, like always.

“Sirius!” His head snapped up, looking straight at Remus, he didn't yell often. He usually just raised his voice, he didn't like that either, but it was better than being yelled at. Now he knew what this reminded him of, Walburga. “You-”

“You promised.” He whispered, barely audible, interrupting him. Sirius couldn't quite tell what the expression on his face was. He still looked angry, and annoyed, but not quite. He wanted to look away, he wanted to go away just somewhere quiet and alone, but he knew better than to do that right now, something would happen. Something always happens.

Remus leaned against the foot of the bed, and Sirius flinched. There was still a good amount of distance between them, but he knew from experience that it could change quickly.  He could feel his breathing pick up just slightly as he stared at Remus, sure that something was going to happen, something bad. Something he had been promised would never happen. “Remus, you promised.” He whispered again, trying to blink away tears.

“What are you talking about?" Remus did sound less annoyed now, but he couldn't be sure. There was still something off. Sirius just stared at him in disbelief. Remus had promised, he had promised a long time ago, that he would never.

He closed his eyes, shaking his head, the tears he had so hard been trying to hold back falling. He didn't see the way Remus' face fell when he started crying, loud sobs leaving his mouth. It was Remus' turn to stare at the boy, guilt starting to bloom in his chest, how didn't he realize.

“Go away, go away please, I'll be good, just go away.” Sirius was shaking all over, his eyes tightly shut and tears just flowing down with no way to stop them. Remus didn't know what to do, he bit his lip, hating that this happened because of him. That Sirius was genuinely scared of him, he didn't mean for this to happen, he didn't even mean to lose his temper over such a silly thing.