Not gonna go forever

TW:  Just some fighting, and a few mentions of drinking but shouldn't be anything else (if there is tell me)

The ending kind of sucks but I hope you like this anyway

“Rem?”

“Go away.” He said, glancing at Sirius, seeing the cups of tea in his hand as he stood in the doorway.

“We need to talk.”

“I don't want to.”

“But we need to.” Sirius said, walking over to him. He set one of the cups on the coffee table, before going to sit on the sofa, as far away from Remus as he possibly could. “We can't keep doing this.”

“Doing what?” He asked, taking the cup of tea Sirius had left him.

“You know…” he trailed off, looking at Remus, who just stared in front of him, or into the tea cup, anywhere else but him. “This, we can't just keep ignoring each other all the time. It's-” he paused for a moment, trying to phrase his thoughts that they'd make sense. “It's just not right.”

“You're one to talk about what's right and what's not.” Remus said, trying to avoid the actual topic of, well, he didn't know what to call it anymore. It wasn't a fight or an argument, it had been going on for longer than either of those should. “Sirius, I think- I think I need some time.”

“Some time? We've, you've had plenty of time for the past two weeks.”

“Some time alone, Sirius.” He said, and Sirius couldn't help but just stare at him, almost dropping his cup. They were alone all the time, despite being in the same house almost all the time, sleeping in the same bed. But they didn't talk, and if they did, it turned into an argument.

“I've been thinking of going back home for a bit. Back with mum.” Remus said, looking into his cup. “I just need time alone, and seeing you every day is not alone. And I think it'll do some good for us to be away from each other for a while.”

“For a while? How-how long is that?”

“I don't know, Sirius.” He said, glancing at Sirius before taking a sip of his tea, it was made just like he liked it, and that felt like someone stabbed him right in the heart. The fact that Sirius still did that when they were like this.

“How long are we going to do this?” He asked then, hoping he wouldn't get another, I don't know, as a response. “So you're gonna go away and all I can do is wait what comes through the door, you or divorce papers, is that it? Is that what you want to do?”

“I don't know Sirius. I don't fucking know.” He said, getting up from his spot. “I'll call you, or something.” He muttered, before walking out of the room. Sirius could hear the cup being placed in the kitchen sink before Remus made his way up the stairs.

“So you're really going to go?” Sirius asked quietly as Remus came downstairs half an hour later with a back bag hanging over his shoulder.

“Yeah.” He sighed. “I'm not going forever, maybe. I don't know.”

“M-maybe?” He choked out as the front door opened and closed. He just stared at the front door in disbelief. What the hell was he supposed to do now?

He heard a key turn in the lock, but he just continued to stare at the wall, in front of him, from where he was laying on the sofa. The door closed, and someone kicked off their shoes. He closed his eyes, thinking it was Remus who forgot something and came to fetch it, and he definitely didn't want to see him. Then the sofa dipped slightly as someone sat down next to him.