When I...

TW: suicide attempt

Okay, so. It really is sad and all that, and probably triggering because even I cried while writing it, so I'm already sorry about that.

In all seriousness, there's nothing too graphic really, it's just mentioned how he does it but if you get triggered easily, please read something else.

Also harry is there (not when he does it I'm not that cruel)

/“Moons?” Remus hummed sleepily, running his hand through Sirius' hair, waiting for what the boy had to say. “When I die, I want to be buried somewhere nice.”

“Somewhere nice?” He asked, waking up as he tried to process what Sirius had just said. Sirius did say random things from time to time, but this sounded like something more than just a random thought before falling asleep. “Why're you thinking of dying, love? Everything alright?”

“Mhm, just came to mind.” He said. “wanted to tell you.”

“Okay, baby.” Remus whispered into his hair, before kissing his head. “Go to sleep, let's talk tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay.” /

Now that the conversation they had last night wouldn't stop repeating itself in his head, along with the last few weeks and what happened today. He really should've thought something about it and not just ignored it like he had.

Maybe he'd be holding Sirius' hand on their bed, instead of this hospital one. The room smelled so much like antiseptic that it made him feel sick. Maybe if he had asked more questions about his statement last night, instead of just telling him that they'd talk tomorrow.

He looked at the clock on the wall, it was half past ten already. He pulled out his phone, searching for Hope's contact, hoping she'd still be awake. “Hi mum.” He whispered when the phone was picked up after a few rings. “Sorry to wake you.”

“You didn't, rem. What's up, already Missing Harry?” She asked with a little laugh, and Remus almost felt like crying at that. He glanced at Sirius, before looking down at the floor.

“It's- it's not that.” He said, trying to block out the beeping noise of the heart rate monitor next to the bed Sirius was in. “We're in the hospital.”

“What's happened?” She asked, immediately getting worried. “Did something happen to you?”

“No mum, I'm okay.” He whispered. “It's Sirius. H-he tried to-.” Remus couldn't find himself to actually say the right words. It felt like too much, too real, too soon. “There was so much blood, mum.” He said quietly, trying to fight back the tears that burned in the corners of his eyes.

“Oh God.” It was quiet for a moment and Remus could tell she was trying not to cry too.

When Remus came from work, he had found Sirius laying on the bathroom floor. The place looked like a murderer scene, there was blood everywhere, and there was way too much of it. Then there was a half empty bottle of his medicine laying on the floor next to him.

He had tried to stop the bleeding by pressing on the way too deep looking wounds on his wrists. He was still awake, but it seemed like he was only barely there.

/C'mon love, you gotta keep them pretty eyes open for me. No, no don't close them, you can't fall asleep now, okay? We gotta stay awake for a bit. Just keep them open, look at me, baby, please.

No, no, no… Remus, please. Please no.

He closed his eyes just as the paramedics came in. Remus just stood there, shaking with tears streaming down his face, as they tried to bring him back. /