Lunch

Lunch was really enjoyable. I was having so much fun at my little table. Jeveskia Peterson was, like her brother, really nice. Giovanni challenged Delphine Garcia to a chess match, and he checkmated her in three minutes.  Brandon, Fiona's friend who she'd finally met after years (they were long-distance online besties), was really nice too. There were other people at the table, too. 

Antonio Rivera was a Latino, and he was really tall and freckled. His hair was cut in a buzz cut, and his clothes were really clean. He didn't talk much, but when he did, it was in a voice deeper than an eleven-year-old boy's should be. He was best friends with Xavier Lynx. 

Xavier Lynx, who's name we joked about for beginning and ending with an x, was a really pale kid. His eyes were hazel and his hair was white-blond. He was really friendly and very chatty. He was of average height, but he looked short next to Antonio (as did everyone.) He said he and Antonio went way back, them and this girl named Janet Lee, who they seemed to be in a trio with. 

Janet Lee was of mixed race and had olive green eyes. She was brunette and wore braces, which she said she'd remove next year. Like Xavier, she was really friendly. She was also that super rebellious kid who was your go-to if you wanted trouble. She had lockpicks, stink bombs, graffiti cans, fake throw-up, and that wasn't all. You name it, she had it. She, Xavier, and Antonio had been friends for years. They seemed inseparable. 

The person I took to the most was Delphine. She was super nice, and really funny. While Fiona was a great friend, she was too serious sometimes, even though I'd only known her a couple hours. Delphine seemed really laid-back, and she smiled and laughed a lot, and was generally well-liked. 

"Man, I'm so glad we don't have to put up with Hannah and Peter anymore," said Xavier, taking a bite of his sandwich. 

"They sucked," Janet agreed, putting down her juice box.

At our expressions, Antonio said, "Bullies from our old school. It was Janet's idea to read those books and get in here. I didn't want to at first, but I wanted to get away from those idiots. Then I actually liked the books."

"That was definitely the best decision you've ever made, Janet," Xavier agreed, looking at Janet.

"We read it at school two years ago," Jeveskia said. "Of course, Gio's gonna have to finish the Sea of Monsters or he can't move on to next year. I'm on the Mark Of Athena."

"Oh, I finished that," Fiona said. "I'm almost done with The Tower Of Nero. I can't believe-" 

"Don't spoil!" Jeveskia warned. 

"I found Fiona through a fan page, actually," Brandon said. "On Instagram. When I got my scholarship, first thing I did was tell her. Then I found out she got one too. I was so excited."

"It was pretty exciting," Fiona said, pushing her glasses up her nose. "Mama read me mythology as a kid, then she told me Percy Jackson's story. How about you, Y/N?"

"Oh, I read it at school, too," I said. "Then I fell in love. I don't think there's one Rick Riordan mythology book I haven't read."

"I saw the movie first," Delphine said. "I thought, huh, this isn't so bad. Then my sister told me the book came first. So I read it. Then I rewatched the movie and I realized how many mistakes there were. The Athena Parthenos was under Rome, not in some museum!" 

"Exactly!" Jeveskia exclaimed. 

We talked and joked around for the rest of lunch. Afterwards, we had Fanfiction Writing, which was split into Advanced, Average, and Below Average. The only people not in the advanced at our table were Giovanni, who was in the Below Average, and Delphine, in the average. We said goodbye and headed off to our classes. The Advanced was with Mrs. Golde in my homeroom class, so that's where we went.

****

Dam, two chapters in two days, I'm on a roll!