CHAPTER 8 : THE PRIDE

A day Later,

Maya sat at the edge of the pool just thinking as she watched her family and friends.

" are you okay," Ivan asked sitting next to her.

" Am holding up and I think you all should leave and go back home cause it's not safe here they literally shot me and killed me, I would hate if anything happened to you guys, " Maya explained to Ivan who took her hand into his.

" They can go but I will stay with you till the end, I love you Maya and am not afraid to die for you, " Ivan confessed and Maya was scared of it reaching that point as she kissed him and he kissed her back.

Connor cleared his throat making the two stop kiss.

" I brought you books on the Egyptian gods and everything we know about Bastet or should I say you, " Connor spoke giving them to her as she took them and Ivan helped her read and learn her history more.

There are other gods out there and I got a sister who's a snake, this is extremely strange like I am Bastet and yet I am still me, " Maya whispered as Ivan hugged her.

" You are not alone in this, I am here getting through this with you together, " Ivan assures her as they continue reading.

The night was approaching fast and Omar and Cairo were sneaking with Emmy, Lucia and Ash out into a private part of the fancy neighborhood a secluded part where all the highborns went to shift and turn into their Lynx form.

" We always come to watch them turn, it's incredible." Omar whispered.

" this is phenomenal," Lucia couldn't believe it as Ash watched Ryan as he undressing and Ryan could sense and he spotted then from a far and he could see Ash looking at him as he smiled.

Ash saw him look directly at him but he didn't stop looking.

" The pride come together to shift and their collective energy makes us stronger and with the Sha drawing closer we need more power. " Cairo explained as Emmy was fascinated.

" To be strong and powerful, how does one get such power cause if Maya has this power then why can't I have it, " Emmy asked as Omar laughed.

" A human can be turned but the process would be painful and most humans die but only a powerful Lynx can turn you. " Omar said to her,

" You want to be a lynx ? " Lucia asked Emmy as they all looked at her to see her answer.

" I want to be powerful, " Emmy answered with a devious smile.

They returned to find Maya and Ivan reading.

" Where were you ? " Maya asked.

" They came to watch us shift, something dangerous that humans shouldn't. " Ryan reported as Maya was scared for her friends.

" This is why you have to leave, " Maya said to them.

" Home I miss home let's go home, " Lucia was excited to return.

" Am staying but you all leave tomorrow morning cause it's not safe here and I don't want anyone getting hurt or worse killed, " Maya said to her friends.

" We can't leave you here alone, " Ash defended.

" The Sha and Seth are out there and all of you are mortal and I will not play with your lives all of will go, " Maya said looking at Ivan. 

" You made a wise decision daughter cause you have a war to fight and training to begin, " Connor voiced his opinion and it was set they were leaving in the morning.

" Such a shame, I thought maybe, " Ryan said to Ash as he stopped and walked out as Ash watched him.

That night they spent time and talked and had good food together for what would be their last time together.

The next morning Maya took her friends to the airport.

" what a crazy three day it has been," Lucia remarked,

" It's our fourth day and we are still alive, " Maya added as she said goodbye to Lucia and Ash.

" You only got seven lives left, try not to get killed,"Emmy gave Maya last piece of advice as she went into customs and Maya laughed it off.

" Thanks for the advice, " Maya laughed as she turned to Ivan who didn't want to go.

" You are valuable to me and I wouldn't let you stay cause if you did am sure you would sacrifice yourself for me and I got seven lives but am sure they would sacrifice yourself for me.

And I can't let you do that," Maya said to him as he kissed her and asked for her to be careful as Seth watched and heard them and he was furious.

Maya watched her friends go in and it felt right as her father and Ryan where there to accompany her but she felt another presence there and looked around and couldn't see anything.

" Let's go back home," Connor said his daughter who had a bad feeling but choose to push it aside and they went back to the villa.

Maya couldn't stop thinking about her friends and was just counting till the hours till the plane landed safely and her friend where completely safe but that didn't happen as a parcel was delivered for them at the door and the boys got it and opened it and they began to scream and call our for their father and sister.

" What is it ? " Lyla asked running to check up on them along with Connor and Maya.

" Look ! " Omar pointed the parcel that was delivered and it was photos.

" They have been kidnapped, " Maya took the pictures and looked at each one of them.

Her friends tied up and gagged.

" It's him, " Connor spoke as a phone rang and it was inside the parcel and Maya answered.

" I swear if you touch a single hair on them it's not maya who will come for you but Bastet will  and there will be hell to pay, " Maya spoke.

" Nothing will happen to them as long as you listen and follow everything am telling you to the latter or am going to kill your precious mortals and I will begin with your boyfriend," Seth taunted as he watched Maya's friends squirm as they were tied up as he cut the call.

" I have you goddess right in my palms," Seth laughed

Maya distraught as she feared for the life of her friends.

To be continued.......