CHAPTER 22 : AARU AND DUAT

.... the Field of Reeds aka reincarnation place known as Aaru and Duat the underworld.

Bastet and Rene arrived at the beginning of time and the civilization of Egypt.

To find two kids playing.

" Where are we ? " Rene thought as she went to ask the three kids.

Only to find Bastet there asking one of the kids and she decided to ask the other one.

" Small child where am I  ? " Rene asked as Bastet laughed.

" No need they can't see or hear us," Bastet answered as Rene rolled her eyes.

"Aaru, Duat, " a woman called out as Rene couldn't believe it.

" The two," Rene couldn't believe it.

" Their sacrifice turns them into legends and created new realms or existence, the underworld, the afterlife, " Bastet wondered by they where there.

" Their story is a cautionary tale on kindness to those who die, humility to those who end up in the afterlife. That life and death are one," Rene remembered.

" That's beautifully spoken,

But why would Ra want us to learn this ?" Bastet wondered.

" Good question, why would he want us to learn this, " Rene thought.

The two sisters sat on two rocks and watched as the two little girls played.

" I don't actually hate you, what I hate is that our father picks you over me," Rene revealed as Bastet knew what she was talking about.

" But don't you see our father Wanted you here and believes in you , " Bastet said to Rene who smiled and went in for a hug and Bastet couldn't believe it also going in for the hug only to get stabbed by Rene.

A fatal, life ending stab.

" Sorry sis now you only got five lives," Rene whispered blowing a kiss at her baby her sister as Bastet eyes closed and she died.

Only to return back to life waking up on a roof top.

" That little snake," Bastet thought as she looked to see where she was only to discover she was back in Egypt.

Using her enhanced vision she could spot Rene flying across the city.

Looking ahead to see a large orb of power literally across the city and Rene was heading there.

" Ra's power," Bastet panicked as she jumped of that building taking to skies after Rene.

Behind Rene.

" I can't believe you killed me, " Bastet screamed.

" Technically I didn't you still have five lives left," Rene laughed as she was in the lead.

Bastet stopped when she noticed a big fire and immediately went to check what was happening to find a mother and a young boy trapped in the building and went inside.

" Don't worry I will get you out, " Bastet told them as she raised her hand and her Ankh appeared and a protection shield appeared around the mother and her son transporting them out of the building.

Taking them outside as Bastet saw the fire department arrive to end the fire as she looked and saw Rene get the power and transform.

" She did it," Bastet smiled as the woman came and hugged Bastet thanking her for saving them.

" You are one of a kind," She said to Bastet as she and her son walked away.

Rene came down flying.

" You did it," Bastet congratulated Rene who didn't feel all powerful.