SHIFTERS OF THE BAST UNIVERSE

The shifters of this universe are unlike werewolves.

Their powers come from the same source and it's the Egyptian pantheon of gods, their specialty and signature power was to transform into animals.

Many various animals.

Some of them shared this power with the mortals who worshipped them while others kept their gifts for themselves. .

The power of transformation and change form is the oldest power in this universe.

It's primal and ancient like the Egyptian pantheon.

In ancient Egyptian mythology, many gods were depicted as being part human and part animal, often with animal heads and human bodies.

This was done to demonstrate certain personalities of the different gods.

Therianthropy refers to the ability of a being to shapeshift between a human and animal form. A therianthropic god, therefore, is one that displays physical characteristics of both.

There were nine who reigned and ruled Egypt together.

The where the great Ennead

The Ennead or Great Ennead was a group of nine deities in Egyptian mythology worshipped at Heliopolis and some translation Ennead means Dynasty.

They where stronger, powerful, brutal and unforgiving to their enemies.

Each one played a different part.

Ra (/rɑː/; Ancient Egyptian: rꜥ; also transliterated rꜥw /ˈɾiːʕuw/; cuneiform: 𒊑𒀀 ri-a or 𒊑𒅀ri-ia; Phoenician: 𐤓𐤏,[4] romanized: rʿ) or Re (/reɪ/; Coptic: ⲣⲏ, romanized: Rē)

He was the ancient Egyptian deity of the sun. By the Fifth Dynasty, in the 25th and 24th centuries BC, he had become one of the most important gods in ancient Egyptian religion, identified primarily with the noon-day sun. Ra ruled in all parts of the created world: the sky, the earth, and the underworld.He was believed to have ruled as the first pharaoh of Egypt. He was the god of the sun, order, kings and the sky.

Ra has the head of a falcon and the sun-disk inside