CHAPTER 10 : THE GODS OF EGYPT

Maya watched as Lucia's body was taken back to Metro city and she and her friends had to go home.

Her family was devasted but the real cause of death was hidden not to raise unwanted attention.

Maya had to leave her father and brothers behind and Ryan Ustet returned with them back to Metro city.

" what is the point of having all these lives and being a goddess when all I can do is watch someone I love die," Maya asked Ivan who didn't have an answer.

" you have to take the pressure of yourself, you just came into your power and you need time to get better and soon they will never hurt you or anyone else." Ivan said to her as she rested her head on his shoulders as the plane was about to take off.

Emmy was off hooking up with a random guy in the bathroom.

Ryan got a seat next to Ash.

" you okay? " Ryan asked.

" no am not okay, watched my friend get murdered am heartbroken and angry and a mixture of emotions," Ash answered looking out the plane window as Ryan took his hand into his entwining them together.

" nothing will happen to you while am here," Ryan assured Ash.

Ten hours later they had arrived and landed in Metro city and Maya found her mother waiting for her at the airport running to her and getting embraced.

" am so sorry baby," she whispered to Maya as she saw Ryan.

" who's he ? " She asked her daughter.

"Mother this is Ryan Ustet and he's hear to protect us but mostly me and after the funeral we go back to Egypt, there is so much I have to tell you," Maya said to her mother who was surprised to what was happening.

" am going home ," Emmy spoke out.

" I thought we are all going to my place," Maya asked.

" we are in Metro city and I live in a secured apartment, we can split up and go to our homes and see our families.

We can meet at the funeral tomorrow," Emmy reasoned.

" you can come stay with me Ryan ! " Ash offered as he lived in the same building with Maya and he agreed.

Ivan kissed Maya goodbye as he to left and they sort of split up.

Maya went home to finally tell her mother what was happening.

" tell me what's happening? " Sophie hill asked.

" I found out am the incarnation of the goddess Bastet," Maya spoke as her eyes shifted and they were cat like and she made her Ankh appear in her hands.

" we tested you as a kid how is this possible," Sophie was surprised as Maya told her everything.

Meanwhile Emmy arrived at her apartment and found Seth there.

" you came back for more, I thought I satisfied you at the plane bathroom, " Emmy spoke jumping on him and kissing him as he stopped for a second to talk.

" I need information, is there another god Maya has been in contact with? " Seth asked.

" everything is Maya this and Maya that, what about what I want ? " Emmy asked,

" well what do you want ? " Seth asked.

" I want power just like yours to become a Sha obviously,

to be powerful," Emmy answered and Seth was impressed and he made his hand shift and his claws and he took her hand scratched her, a deep cut that went clean inside and black veins began to spread all over her bodies as she fell to the floor in pain screaming in pain.

" The transformation is usually pain full and most mortals don't even make it through, am curious to see if you survive," Seth laughed watching her.

Back at the Hill apartment,

Sophie couldn't believe what had happened to her daughter.

" am so sorry for everything," it was the first time Sophie Hills was sincere and that night Maya couldn't help but think of the other gods.

She clearly needed help but she didn't know how to find them and it was a lost cause.

The next day arrived Lucia was buried in her family cemetery and Maya was still in alot of pain and she didn't see Emmy at the funeral as she and Ivan went to her home only to find she had never got there and they went to her apartment and found her and she looked different.

" are you okay ? " Ivan asked,

" just got the twenty four bug I will be okay ," she lied as she pretended to ignore Maya and Ivan who left and Seth appeared from the shadows and asked Emmy again.

" is there another god Maya has talked to ? " He asked,

" no why ? " Emmy asked.

" because there has to be another god pulling strings, " Seth explained an idea he had.

" Why ? What do you mean ? " Emmy asked.

" I didn't kill your friend and it couldn't have been Maya, remember our vision was taken and we went completely blind and your friend was stabbed, it was the work of god cause no mortal could have killed her, " Seth fully explained what he was thinking.

" if you didn't do it then who did ? Who is this other god ? " Emmy finally caught up.

" That's why you have to be my eyes and ears and find out who is this and you can't tell them, whoever this god is they are powerful and they could kill you in a blink of an eye and who knows they could be really close, " Seth added as Emmy was in to avenge Lucia's death.

Maya and Ivan where about to get in a taxi when everything froze and the entire world went silent and Maya looked around and everything had stopped moving.

Birds in the sky, children across the street playing and even Ivan.

" Bastet ," Maya heard her name and turned to see a woman standing in the middle of the road fully moving.

" I have come to take you home sister," the woman spoke revealing her god self.

" I know you ," maya approached her .

" you do, now the other gods are waiting for you." The woman said to Maya.

" The other gods," Maya was surprised.

" the great Ennead is waiting," the woman extended her hand and Maya took it and they shot into space as everything started moving again and Ivan looked next to him and Maya was gone as he looked around and ran to the middle of the road calling out for " Maya" .

To be continued...