CHAPTER 18 : ASCENSION

" I've only seven lives left. " Maya remember as she was reading about transferring her life force.

She hopped that it would never come to it as she remembered poor Lucia who died cause she was powerless then but now she wasn't.

Meanwhile Seth missed the Aaru and he was finally home.

The field of reeds, home to the Egyptian deities.

While Emmy was filled with jealousy to the thought of Seth and Maya bonding.

Which she couldn't have been more right about in her entire life.

" You've been out here for a while ? " Maya asked Seth who smiled.

" I missed this place, it lived in the memory of my mind, " he answered as Maya agreed that it was a beautiful realm that Ra made for them.

" Look at you now, " Seth says to Maya.

" What ? " Maya answered as Seth moved close to her.

" Do you now remember me and the life we had together ? " He asked.

" When I unlocked my full god half I remember everything and you couldn't have killed me or hurt me, " Maya said moving closer to Seth.

She looked into his dark black eyes and he into her enchanting green eyes.

" So beautiful, " he whispers.

" Shezmu is still out there and as long as he is out there we can never know peace, " Maya says to Seth who made a promise to her.

" I will stop him and everything he has done to us he and whoever is involved will pay, " he promised as Rene watched them through a magic orb.

" It's almost time and only one of us will ascend to our fathers throne and may the best goddess win, " Rene laughed as she was getting ready to enact her plan.

Thousands of years in the making.

Connor received a message from Ryan Ustet and Ash and it wasn't good news

" She's missing ? " Connor asked,

" No taken, It was Ivan." Ryan stated walking around Sophie's apartment.

" I got a scent and am pursuing alone," Ryan stated as Connor agreed and he was taking a flight out of Egypt to New York.

" Both the Sha and Lynx are coming with me cause it's about damn time we end this," Connor spoke through the phone.

Back in the Aaru the day of Bastet's Coronation had arrived and she was about to fulfill a long standing prophecy and she was about to restore the power of the Great Ennead and finally destroy Apophis, also known as Apep, an ancient Egyptian deity associated with chaos, darkness, and destruction.

The day was here and Bastet was thrilled and finally ready unlike the first time.

Maya looked at the mirror and herself and couldn't believe the timid young model who obeyed her mother and didn't have a voice was now Bastet the goddess of protection and soon the goddess of creation.