CHAPTER 23 : THE UNITER

Long Ago Ra was the solar deity, bringer of light, and thus the upholder of all that was good while Apep / Apophis was as the greatest enemy of Ra, and thus was given the title Enemy of Ra, and also "the god of Chaos".

Apophis eater of light and to some he was a titan who couldn't be defeated by Ra but by his kin.

" Meet Again ? " Bastet answered the creature.

" Your essence was used to hold me back and contain me all these centuries, don't you remember? " Apophis asked.

" Banishing of Chaos, " Bastet remember.

" But now you have changed young goddess, you aren't the god I last faced, " Apophis whispered.

" I faced off with you and my father and the Ennead was also there, " Bastet remember how they managed to contain him.

The great Ennead combined all their power and Bastet being the goddess of protection was the final ingredient.

" I know I can't kill you," Bastet said to the creature.

" Just like there is life there must also be death and I am balance, everything your father has built I will devour because you can't stop me again.

The great Ennead is over,

How many are left ?

I can the shift in the cosmos,

You aren't powerful alone to stop me," Apophis assured Bastet.

" No I will stop you, "

" How will you stop when you are human full of weaknesses, " Apophis laughed.

Bastet was getting engulfed by darkness.

It was clear Apep was stronger and the darkness was unlike anything and it was engulfing her and she felt alone and cold and scared.

" Give in to the darkness, goddess of protection.

No one can save you,

Not the Ennead or Ra.

Your are all alone, destined to stop me when you couldn't even save yourself from death when your the goddess of life, " voices began to whisper in Bastet's ears as she shed a tear and gave in as Apophis began to spread his darkness of destruction and it arrived on Earth.

Ra who stood outside looked up and saw Apophis moving .

" Bastet! " Ra whispered as Seth and the other Ennead could feel what was happening to Bastet.

" What can we do ? " Connor asked Ra.

" Pray to her and give her strength," Ra whispered as Connor sent the message out to the Lynx clan and Seth to the Sha clan.

The rest of the Ennead joined in.

" I believe in you Bastet," Seth prayed.

Bastet suddenly began to hear the voices of people who loved her, speaking to her and encouraging her in her lowest point.

She smiled and her hands began to glow and her Ankh appeared engulfing her in light as Apophis could feel the light and hope.

" Balance can always coexist and we need darkness to have light and I know what to do with you," Bastet raised her ankh and began absorbing  the creature into it.

Bastet returned home to be met by a celebration.

" You did it! " Seth said hugging her as she was happy to see him and all of them.

" Your words gave me strength," Bastet revealed.

" What did you do to Apep ? " Ra asked,

" I took care of him and let's just say he won't be a problem," Bastet spoke as held her golden Ankh in her hands as Apophis cursed out Bastet and the Ennead but no one could hear him as she smiled.

Meanwhile Shezmu had returned and he was very much not dead,

The goddess of love had trapped him in a prison separate from where he had Bastet.

Now with the power of the goddess of love stripped away and there was no goddess of love he was free.

And he wanted Revenge.

It was only fair he finished what he started.

"My Beautiful Bastet if only you knew when one shadow fades away another one takes it's place," Shezmu watched Bastet as he was planning his revenge.

To be continued...