CHAPTER 14 : THE FIRST PHARAOH

Ra (/rɑː/ transliterated rꜥw /ˈɾiːʕuw/; cuneiform: 𒊑𒀀 ri-a or 𒊑𒅀ri-ia Phoenician: 𐤓𐤏,[5] romanized: rʿ) or Re (/reɪ/; Coptic: ⲣⲏ, romanized: Rē) the ancient Egyptian deity of the sun.

By the Fifth Dynasty, in the 25th and 24th centuries BC, he had become one of the most important gods in ancient Egyptian religion, identified primarily with the noon-day sun.

Ra ruled in all parts of the created world: the sky, the earth, and the underworld.

He was the first pharaoh of Ancient Egypt. He was the god of the sun, order, kings and the sky until he vanished.

Maya read in the great library as Rene was with her making sure she was learning.

" I know all this already," Maya complained as Rene told her to keep reading.

The next few days Maya kept reading and training and Rene could see it was taking slower and there was no any progress.

" Thoth found a spell to make you relive your life and walk in those shoes again and finally see who you where cause that's who we need," Rene rudely said to Maya.

" Harsh," Sobek mumbled and Rene knew it was wrong of her and apologized.

" it's okay, am also exhausted of being powerless and I want to unleash my power and become stronger," Maya answered as she got up and went to Thoth who gave her a scroll and she opened it and it glowed bright as Maya closed her eyes to open them to find herself in the middle of the desert surrounded by the Nine gods.

The Great Ennead was united.

" Bastet," Ra called for her.

" Ennead I called you here to tell you I have seen my death," Ra said to them as they all where shocked.

" Father you are Ra, the sun god how can you possibly die ? " Rene asked him.

" I have lived a millennia and a thousand life times, I know every soul by every name, I have survived the titans, my death is written in stone," Ra broke the news to them as he took Bastet's hand.

" I saw my death that is true but then I also saw my daughter take my place and rule Egypt and evolve into something we as gods have yet to become," Ra said to Bastet as the other gods where in utter shock and Rene was upset and she knew what her father was going to say.

" I make you heir Bastet, you will take my power and rule the gods of Egypt and Egypt itself, I have seen your heart and it is the heart of a true Queen," Ra spoke to her as Maya looked around and saw the gods celebrate her and congratulate her as the gods where half beast and men.

Seth was there and he looked dashing when he was still a god and Shezmu was also there and he looked like a cross breed of almost all animals.

Maya was in awe of everything.

" Walk with me my Bastet," Ra called out as Maya went with him and she could see the city from a mile away.

" It's beautiful isn't it ? " Ra asked.

" It's very beautiful, " Bastet answered as they stopped and he turned to look at her.

"Bastet what clouds your mind ? " Ra asked.

" You have given me such a burden, how can i ever take your place and become a fraction of the pharaoh you are. " Maya tells him as he laughs.

" You should have chosen Rene, She's older and she should be your successor ! " Maya spoke out as Ra looked at her and smiled.

" To a great leader is to be selfless, kind and loving and those are the traits you are, to be a pharaoh one must carry all those three in their heart. " Ra said to Maya.

" What if am not powerful enough ? " she asked.

" You will be cause I have seen it all and you my dear Maya will accomplish everything I couldn't, " Ra spoke as Maya was surprised.

" You just called me Maya ?

You know ? " She asked.

" I know you are Bastet from the future and I know what happens to you and me," Ra openly confessed.

" Then why don't you change things and stop my death ? " Maya asked.

" Because every gods life is a journey and for who you will become we can't change anything, because everything that happens to you changes the world forever. " Ra tells her as he took her hands and kissed them.

" Your power is only your and you alone can control it, take it and use it, " Ra tells Maya who closed her eyes and began to channel her power and she finally could tap into Bastet in her full glory and opened her eyes to see Rene standing Infront of her.

" Are you ready to finally begin your training? " Rene asked her younger sister.

" I am, " BASTET ANSWERED.

To be continued.......