Sixteen

Harper

I had spent two weeks staring at my bedroom walls. I'd wake up, get Sienna ready for school then return home to bed. I would lie there not even napping or sleeping, just wide awake staring at the same walls.

Harry had been amazing, he would come home everyday and check I was okay, he'd make food, bathe me and make sure I was in clean clothes. It was as if he had a child.

I couldn't bring myself to speak to friends or family, they would only analyse me and try to give me therapy, even Samantha tried to do it. So instead i stuck to ignoring my phone, the ringtone becoming just another noise to me.

I wasn't sure when Harry left but he was home now, it was almost dark although the curtains in our room had been shut all day, I couldn't bare daylight.

"Babe," Harry knocks lightly as if he's invading my room, but it's ours, for the past two years we've spent many great memories in this bedroom. "Niall's invited us to his for food,"

"Okay," I reply but I wasn't really aware of what he was saying, if he was asking me to go or not.

"If you don't want to go that's fine, I'll just take Sienna with me,"

"Okay," With my back to him, my eyes now shut, I hear him move around getting ready.

"Mummy I'm going to nialls!" Sienna jumps onto the bed and I slowly turn over.

"Yes sweetie," I try to give her an upbeat response, but that's all I had.

"Are you coming mummy?" She pouts.

I shake my head.

"I want you to," She requests.

"I don't feel well,"

Her eyes widen. "Lily Smith in my class is sick too, apparently she ate apple seeds and now has a tree growing inside of her,"

I smile faintly at her story.

"Well don't you go eating apple seeds then," Harry laughs walking out of the en suite.

"I'm never eating apples again," She replies.

Harry rolls his eyes. "You can eat apples, just not the seeds."

Sienna shrugs and Harry rolls his eyes again.

"Come on then, let's go."

Sienna kisses me goodbye before jumping down and rushing downstairs.

"You going to be alright here alone?"

I give a weak nod. "Of course,"

"My phones on loud if you need me," He kisses my lips twice. "I love you Harper,"

"Love you," I croak.

He smiles kissing me again before telling me to get some sleep.

When they both leave I turn back over and bask in the silence. I was alone, and I was happy about it.