Mafia Man - nomin

So I was going through some of my old documents and found this little story. It wasn't finished and I don't remember where I intended to take it so I wrapped it up and finished it rather quickly. I figured I might as well do something with it instead of scrapping it altogether. It's a whopping 13029 words long, so have fun.

I wasn't always forced to choose between two lifestyles. I was permitted to live a normal life until the day I turned 18. On my 18th birthday, I would be sworn into the life of a mafia son. Until then my identity would be kept secret from the public eye. I would assume a false identity to keep me safe. I would attend school as any normal kid would and maintain relationships deemed necessary by society. I had a best friend, I had goals, and I had dreams. But alas none of it mattered for as soon as I turned 18, I would disappear from the public eye and take my place in the family business. But then again, life isn't always black and white.

My name is Jaemin Na, and this is my story.

...

The day started the same as usual. After morning classes I would go find Haechan so we could spend lunch together.

Haechan - "Jaeminnie did you pass Mr. Kim's chem test?"

Jaemin - "I got an 87, what about you?"

Haechan - "I got a 63"

Jaemin - "That's still passing"

Haechan - "By one point"

Jaemin - "You can take the retake at lunch if you want"

Haechan - "There is nothing you could do to make me retake that test. I'm just glad it's over"

Jaemin - "Suit yourself"

Haechan - "Let's just go eat, I'm starving"

Jaemin - "Are we eating in the cafeteria or going out?"

Haechan - "Going out duh, we have to celebrate your 87"

Jaemin - "It's spaghetti day isn't"

Haechan - "Yes and I hate spaghetti"

Jaemin - "Fine but you're driving"

Haechan - "Deal but I have to pee before we leave. Meet you in the car?"

Jaemin - "Okay"

I watched Haechan leave with a smile on face. I couldn't have gotten luckier in the friendship department.

Chenle - "Jaemin!"

Jaemin - "Hi Chenle"

Chenle - "What are you doing for lunch?"

Jaemin - "Me and Haechan are going out, do you want to come?"

Chenle - "Yes! You're my savior"

Jaemin - "Let's go then, Haechan is meeting us at the car"

Chenle - "Okay!"

Me and Chenle made our way to the car to wait for Haechan. He rambled on about his day as I smiled and listened to his every word. I met Chenle when he was 13, and I was 14. He was quieter then, almost as if he was afraid to show us who he really was. When he got comfortable with us he finally opened up. He moved here from China all on his own to attend our school. Me and Haechan sort of took Chenle in as one of our own. He didn't have any friends and lived on his own in an apartment across town.

Jaemin - "Look who I found"

Haechan - "Our baby Chenle!"

Chenle - "I'm not a baby"