Chapter 5

"Every time something happens there's a 'break' in what that spiritual device is showing us, as if it knows when we need to discuss something, isn't that strange? It's almost as if someone or something is watching us,"
Pei Ming pointed out.

Xie Lian looked at him calmly,
"It's reasonable to assume that's why we were brought here, to be informed as well as to gauge our reactions. This is all part of some game, the question is: who is the mastermind?"

San Lang contemplated this and continued off of what Xie Lian said, "Also their motives in doing so, to gauge our reactions, but to also inform us? The paper given to us said it would be in our best interests to pay attention, but why is that? Is it really simply just to help us?"

——————————————————————
The break is concluded.

"It's not just a coincidence it seems," Xie Lian turned back towards the screen.

In the end, it was that crown prince who won the battle. The crown prince planted a flower tree, and as he was sprinkling the yellow soil a taoist appeared. He asked,
"What is it you are doing?"

That is when the crown prince said his famous line, "Body in the abyss, heart in paradise."

That same taoist simply smiled. He turned into a warrior, used the auspicious clouds as steps, and left as swiftly as the wind. It was only then that the crown prince realized he had met the heavenly emperor who had come to personally subdue that ghost.

Xie Lian felt that San Lang was still upset and attempted to make conversation even though San Lang was the one who usually started the conversations, always following along like a puppy,
"You said that you've heard of these two tales, what exactly did you hear about them?"
San Lang looked towards Xie Lian,
"Pretty much everything that was already displayed," San Lang smiled slightly and looked away once more.

"I see..." Xie Lian was slightly dejected at the failed attempt to start a conversation, but he let it go in favor of seeing what else the screen would show.

The officials of the heavens noticed this boundlessly talented martial artist. One official asked the emperor,
"What do you think of that crown prince?"
The emperor answered,
"This person's future has infinite possibilities."

It was awfully ironic that the emperor would say this, after all, he was the one who single-handedly banished the crown prince himself. Although the emperor's words weren't inherently wrong, the augury turned out not to be one of fortune as everyone had once expected.

That night, within thunder  and lightning, the crown prince ascended!

Whenever someone ascended, the heavenly realm experienced tremors, when the crown prince ascended, it shook the entire heavenly realm.

It was oftentimes a long and arduous journey to cultivate to godhood.

It required talent, fortune, and cultivation. For someone to become a god, it was more times than not a long road of dozens of years.

It wasn't that there weren't any officials who'd ascended at a young age. But there were also martial artists who spent their entire lives waiting for a single heavenly tribulation. If it did come and they failed to overcome it, they would die. And if not death, they would be crippled. These kinds of people were as plentiful as the sands in the Ganges River.

Xie Lian smiled sadly,
'There are so many people who would beg just to get a position as a heavenly official, I got it so easily, but perhaps it would've been better if I hadn't.'

This crown prince was irrefutably the darling of the heavens. There was nothing he couldn't achieve, and there was nobody who didn't adore him. He wanted to ascend to godhood, so he did just that, he'd accomplished it at the mere age of seventeen.

Pei Ming thought about this,
'It's no wonder this trash god was so confident in his abilities, he grew up without any major setbacks, it makes sense why he thought he could make a difference. It's too bad he was undeniably wrong.'

It was true that this crown prince had been quite self-assured and confident, but was that a crime? He was of noble character and seemed to lack any malicious intentions. Perhaps they had judged him unfairly? It didn't matter what they thought as of now, eventually it seemed that the truth would come out.