Chapter 7

The crown prince could not accept this truth. But what he couldn't accept even more was his punishment: banishment.

His spiritual power was sealed and he was banished to the mortal realm.

He grew up pampered and coddled, never having experienced the sufferings of the world. This punishment hurled him from the heavens to rock bottom. There he experienced, for the first time, famine, poverty, and filth.

He did things he never would've imagined he'd ever do, cursing loudly, robbing, and losing himself. He lost his dignity and his self-image and became as vile as one could be. Even his servants could not accept this change in him and decided to leave.

Even without saying anything, everyone already knew who those two servants were. Gossip had been running rampant since Xie Lian had ascended once more.

Feng Xin's lip was tight and he was glaring at the screen,
"Your Highness, I...."
Xie Lian held up his hand,
"You don't have to explain yourself, that was all in the past."

The heavenly officials had been watching them closely ever since the display had started, how they would react and what they would say. Would they fight? Would they pretend and act like there were no grudges between them?

Mu Qing was acting indifferent as he invariably did, as if nothing of interest was happening.

"Body in the abyss, heart in paradise," those words had been engraved on plaques in all of his temples. Now if there were any remaining ones left, he would've been the first to tear it down.

The person who had said those words had personally proven that when the body was in the abyss the heart could not be in paradise.

He had ascended to the heavens quickly, and had been cast out even faster. He had seen the path of Divine Might, and had met evil spirits and officials alike, but it was inaccessible to him now. Everything had already been done.

One day, after many, many years, a loud sound erupted in the sky. The crown prince had ascended for the second time.

"Ming-xiong, this is...."
"His Highness' second ascension," Lord Earth Master finished. The ascension was as glorious and grand as the first. The crown prince arrived in holy light, even though they knew the inevitable outcome of this short-lived ascension, it was still nonetheless an impressive display. It was unheard of to ascend two times. Ascending once was difficult enough, but this crown prince was already at his third ascension.

For forever, heavenly officials who were banished were incapable of ever returning or fell into the ghost realm. There were only a couple who ever managed to return after banishment. This second ascension was deserved, grandiose and excellent.

After he ascended, he rushed into the heavenly realm viciously attacking in every direction. He had only ascended for an incense time before he had once again been banished to the mortal realm.

The more they thought of it, the stranger it was, it wouldn't be unnatural for His Highness to harbor ill intent towards the heavenly realm, but was that all it was? The crown prince must've known he would be cast out right away, it felt a little too intentional. But, of course there was no proof of any scheming behind the scenes.

It was the shortest ascension in history. The first ascension was said to be a beautiful tale, the second was a joke.

It was after these two ascensions that the heavenly realm began to wholeheartedly despise him. They were also cautious of his return, believing him to take revenge on the mortal realm.

The older heavenly officials who been there during it all, felt awkward. They could speak badly of the crown prince because they had not known him, now that they were learning about him they felt kind of guilty.