(Incomplete and final chapter)

I will be discontinuing this series, I'm sorry. I suppose that writers who discontinue their works all have similar reasons, but if you did want to know why I'm discontinuing this, I will post a small explanation, if you don't, then I'll just say thank you for reading this fic in the first place.
This is the last chapter I was writing and never managed to finish.

The two had only responded after Xie Lian had repeated himself several times,
"You both came from that direction, right? Did you see anything on the way here?"

"No, we did not." Nan Feng said.

"Good, now Fu Yao, follow this road and search the parameter so we can make sure the Ghost Bridegroom hasn't fled."
Xie Lian said.

Fu Yao listened to Xie Lian's instructions before turning and going off on his own.
"Nan Feng, stand guard here and don't let anyone leave. If Fu Yao doesn't find any sign of the Ghost Bridegroom in the mountains, then that must mean he's disguised as one of the men in this group!"
Xie Lian said.

The group of men were outraged at Xie Lian's accusations, and the troublesome young man had also by this point realized Xie Lian was indeed not a woman.

"No one can leave? Says who? Are you the law?! We don't need to listen to him."
The troublesome young man said.

Nan Feng outstretched his arm towards a large tree and it was thoroughly destroyed, falling to the ground in smithereens.

The men in the group were suddenly reminded of the power that Nan Feng possessed. If they were attacked by him, the bounty money would be useless. So, they wisely chose to shut their mouths.

'It's a good thing heavenly officials are bound by rules.' Xie Lian thought, it turns out that Nan Feng takes after Feng Xin, maybe even too much.

They both have the same temperament. Xie Lian smiled as he thought of this,
Feng Xin having a junior official of his own, what an amusing thought.

The same person he had known all those years ago, the guy who had a passionate repulsion of women, is a renowned general of the heavens who has a junior official working under him.
He wondered what his parents would've thought of it.

"You're saying the Ghost Bridegroom is in our group? Prove it! Everyone here knows each other! If you don't believe me, shine a torch to their faces and confirm it yourself!"
The troublesome young man said.

"Nan Feng." Xie Lian said, without any further instructions, Nan Feng picked up the torch and scanned each of the men's faces. Nothing. No Ghost Bridegroom. Just the expressions of the men contorted in outrage and frustration.

"Everyone, I have offended you just now. But, I attacked the Ghost Bridegroom and he escaped. He couldn't have gone very far." Xie Lian said.

"My two friends didn't encounter him, so I could only have come to the conclusion that he possessed one of you. Forgive me for troubling you all, but could you all look at each other's faces and confirm your identities? Just make sure there's no one you don't recognize." Xie Lian said.

The group of men felt their blood run cold. Could the Ghost Bridegroom really have possessed one of their own?
They didn't brush Xie Lian's words off this time. They checked each other's faces carefully.

"Why did you follow us?" One of the men yelled out.

"Who?" Asked Xie Lian, rushing over to them. The person he was talking to was Xiao-Ying.
"I was just worried and wanted to come have a look.." She said, covering her face.