Chapter 14

Fu Yao sneered, "Now, where were we? As for why the Temple of Nan Yang has so many female believers..."

'F*ck your ancestors to the eighteenth generation!' Feng Xin thought.

Xie Lian rubbed his face and put the scroll away. No one would be reading it.
Long ago, General Nan Yang went by the title: Jù Yáng Jiāngjun. He had despised this title, the only way to describe this was: unfairness.

The title was originally, 'Tremendous masculinity.' But it was written incorrectly. A long time ago there was a king who wished to show his devotion, so he built many temples.

However, he instead wrote 'Ju Yang Temple.' The officials responsible for the establishment of the temples were puzzled, did the king purposefully write it wrong? If not, why make such a simple mistake?

Shi Qingxuan internally shivered, this was all so similar to another situation he was familiar with....

It was not as if they could just say,
"Your Majesty, you made a mistake." He might think he was mocking him. It was His Majesty's own writing, wouldn't it be a waste not to use it?

The officials shook their head in sympathy, 'In this case, General Nan Yang got the short-end of the stick.' But they shut their jaws tightly to prevent any laughter from escaping.

It was better in this case for them to risk offending Nan Yang than for them to risk offending His Majesty.

Feng Xin's hand was clenched tight in a death grip, 'Would striking you dead have convinced you otherwise?!'
And in the seat next to him, Mu Qing had a slight smile on his face, a victorious one.

It seemed that they had made the right choice. The king saw it and didn't say anything, only grouping together many different scholars to convince people that it was a better and more suitable title for him.

'No, I'm getting flashbacks!' Shi Qingxuan placed his hand on his forehead.
'My ge and I aren't husband and wife!' Shi Qingxuan recoiled in disgust.
Earth Master stared at him and slowly shook his head.

In one night, all of Nan Yang's temples became Ju Yang's. Nan Yang only found out about it nearly a decade later, he was confused as to why there were so many female believers in his temples.

Their faces were flushed and abashed, and what only Earth were they praying for???

'Sorry for bringing it up....' Xie Lian thought, feeling bad for what Feng Xin must've heard while he was blissfully unaware.

After he found out, he sweared loudly to the Heavens, but there was nothing he could do. So he endured years of listening to those womens' prayers.

It was later changed by a monarch who thought the title was distasteful, but the damage had already been done.
But everyone had agreed not to ever address him by that title.

'If anyone dares to, I'll kill them.' Feng Xin thought, he felt so aggrieved he wouldn't be surprised if he coughed up blood right in this very spot.

To describe Nan Yang, everything was good. As long as Nan Yang stays silent and doesn't curse than everything is good!
Nan Feng's face was growing darker by the second, but Fu Yao was still up for writing a poem,

"Go to Nan Yang to pray for strong children. He strengthens the libido." He laughed aloud.

San Lang smiled and clapped, "It's so-so at best, truly commendable for him." At this, Mu Qing's smile waned a bit.

Xie Lian held back his laughter to save Nan Yang some dignity. Nan Feng snapped and yelled at Fu Yao, "Don't act strangely! If you have nothing to do, sweep the floor!"