Chapter 16

"Then General Nan Yang and Xuan Zhen are fortunate. If you have said it, then they're not far from ascension themselves." Ling Wen remarked, smiling.

"I wasn't informed of this. I wasn't involved in any way." Mu Qing icily replied in the array.

Pei Ming quirked his brow and looked at Ling Wen, their eyes met in understanding, Pei Ming looked away and smirked,
'So, that's how it is.' He thought.

'You are really stalking in the array all-day long.' Xie Lian thought.

Mu Qing's eye twitched.

"Your Highness, where are you now? If you need to, you can take temporary residence in a Ming Guang Temple for the night." Ling Wen told him.

"There's no need. We didn't find any Ming Guang Temples, so we're currently staying in a Temple of Nan Yang." Xie Lian responded.
"You didn't find any? How strange." Ling Wen said.

"May I ask another question: Do you have any more information on the ghost bridegroom?" Xie Lian asked.
"Yes, in fact the evaluation of the ghost's strength was just released, it's a wrath ghost." Ling Wen replied.

'Wrath? This may be more dire than we thought.' Xie Lian thought.

The ghost hiding in Mount Yujun was most definitely a 'wrath', which was only one rank below a 'devastation' ghost. Which made it more likely that anyone who saw it would not be left unharmed.

'Luckily His Highness managed to absolve the situation before any more damage could be done.' Shi Qingxuan thought, shuddering at the possibilities.

They left the array, Xie Lian told them of the situation.
"The rumors of a hideous bandaged man are probably not true. They probably just misunderstood and made a mistake."
Nan Feng replied.
"Or there's an alternative explanation. Maybe, depending on the circumstances the ghost bridegroom can't or won't attack." Xie Lian said.

"The palace of Ling Wen really is not that useful, it took them this long to finish the evaluation. What was the point?" Fu Yao grumbled.

Pei Ming raised his brow, 'I don't see you doing this. Don't underestimate them, it's not as easy as they make it look.' He thought. He sympathetically looked at Ling Wen and patted her on the shoulder.

"Well, now we at least have a good idea of its strength. They're obviously very powerful. And it's not possible for the bridegroom to be deceived by a decoy. Wooden dolls can't be used and there mustn't be so many weapons." Xie Lian said.

"Just find a woman on the streets and have her lure in the ghost bridegroom."
Fu Yao suggested.
"That wouldn't work." Nan Feng said.
"Why not? Just pay her some money and she'll agree." Fu Yao said.
"Yes, it wouldn't. If we make a mistake, the woman could die." Xie Lian said.

"If not a woman, then it must be a man."
Fu Yao said again. Nan Feng began to speak
"And where would we find a man willing to-"

They both collectively looked over to Xie Lian. Xie Lian still had a smile on his face, '?'

"Your Highness, do you also have a hobby of dressing as a woman? There's nothing to be ashamed of." Shi Qingxuan asked, staring at him intently.okay

Xie Lian quickly waved his hands and smiled nervously, "Oh no, I don't have any such hobby."

Shi Qingxuan winked at him, "It's okay Your Highness, I understand if you don't want to tell me the truth." He started to whisper, covering his mouth with his fan, "If you ever want to hang out sometime I can teach you some of my tricks."