The End of the World Part 2

The doors open once again, and a member of staff starts pushing a large jukebox into the room. "And here, another rarity. According to the archives, this was called an iPod. It stores classical music from humanity's greatest composers...play on!"

The staff member presses a button on it and 'Tainted Love' by Soft Cell starts playing.

Jack grins and spins me away from him, then back into his arms, not seeing Rose take a photo of us with a large grin on her face as dad watches us with a wide smile. He dips me carefully, then stands me back up and starts dancing till we see everyone watching us.

I blush and walk out of the room with Rose since we don't really like the attention on us.

*****

Rose and I quickly walk down the corridor and back into the room where the sun is, only to see a young blue woman walking around the room, wearing overalls and a baseball cap. "Sorry, are we allowed to be in here?" Rose asks her.

The blue woman looks at us, then ducks her head. "You have to give us permission to talk."

I smile at her. "We give you permission to talk."

"Thank you." She smiles at us. "And no, you are both not in the way. Guests are allowed anywhere."

"Ok." Rose nods as the woman goes over to a panel on the wall and unlocks it.

"What's your name?" I ask her.

"Raffalo." She replies.

"Raffalo?" Rose repeats.

"Yes, miss. I won't be long. I've just got to carry out some maintenance. There's a tiny little glitch in the Face of Boe's suite. There must be something blocking the system. He's not getting any hot water."

I snort quietly. "Of course, he would be complaining about hot water. Millions of years old and he's still loves to complain. I really want to know if he still flirts with people."

Rose looks at me with confusion. "What're you talking about?"

I shake my head with a grin on my face. "Nothing. Just someone I know." I turn to Raffalo. "So, where are you from?"

"Crespallion." She answers.

"That's a planet, is it?" Rose asks, leaning against the wall as I sit on the floor in front of her.

"No." I respond, starting to explain to her everything I know about it. "Crespallion's part of the Jaggit Brocade, affiliated to the Scarlet Junction, Convex 56."

Rose nods. "Right."

"And where are you both from, Madams? If you don't mind me asking."

"We're from a long way away. We just started travelling with my dad along with my soulmate." I respond.

Rose shrugs. "I didn't even think about it. Once my sister went with him, I just joined her. He's a complete stranger to me." She shakes her head. "Anyway, don't let us keep you. Goodluck with that."

"Thank you misses." Raffalo smiles at us. "Not many people are that considerate as you two are."

We smile and walk out of the room, leaving Raffalo to continue working, not knowing that she soon follows a metal spider and gets dragged along the conduit by loads of them.

*****

"Earth Death in twenty-five minutes." The ship's computer announces.

"Oh, thanks." Rose mutters as we're sitting on the stairs, facing the window showing the Earth.