Boom Town

Mickey steps off the train at Cardiff Central railway station and heads to Roald Dahl Plass where the Tardis is in front of the huge water tower. He grins and knocks on the door.

Jack pokes his head out the door and eyes him. "Who the hell are you?"

"What do you mean, who the hell am I?" Mickey snaps. "Who the hell are you?"

"Captain Jack Harkness." He answers. "Whatever your selling, we're not buying."

Mickey pushes past him. "Get out of my way!"

"Don't tell me." Jack says, closing the door. "This must be Mickey."

"Here comes trouble!" Dad looks down at him with a wide grin on his face from standing on the ladder with a red light strapped to his forehead since he's working on some wires. "How're you doing, Ricky boy?"

"It's Mickey!" He calls up to him playfully.

I step over to him from the console with a large grin on my face. "Dad's winding you up."

"You look a lot happier than a month ago." He remarks, pulling me into a hug. "I'm guessing you talked to them."

"Yes." I reply. "And it turns out, no one can come between us."

"Aw, sweet, look at these two." Jack remarks, glancing at my dad. "How come I never get any of that?"

"Buy me a drink first." Dad replies.

"You're such hard work."

But worth it."

Rose walks into the console room and over to me and Mickey. "Did you manage to find it?"

Mickey pulls back out of the hug and passes her the passport just as I exit out of the Tardis, closing the door behind me. "There you go."

"I can go anywhere now." Rose grins at my dad, flashing the passport.

"I told you, you don't need a passport." Dad remarks.

Jack looks around the console room with his eyes and notices Angel is missing. He frowns and walks out of the Tardis doors, closing them behind him before looking around the outside of the Tardis to see she isn't there.

*****

As the lift lands inside Torchwood, I'm greeted by Jack with a gun, earpiece, and handcuffs in his hands.

"You know, just one day I want to be greeted by a hug and a kiss." I comment, tucking the gun into my leather jacket pocket, the handcuffs clicked onto my jeans, and the earpiece in my ear.

Jack chuckles and pulls me into a kiss. "Missed you."

"I. Missed. You. More." I say in between kisses. "Now, what do I need to know about today because I keep getting this weird feeling like dad, Rose, and I are going to bump into someone we know?"

"Alright, you caught me." He admits, sighing at the fact that he can't spend time with his girlfriend because she's needed with her family. "Margaret the Slitheen is back. She's the new Mayor in Cardiff."

"Then it looks like I'm going to need your help since the others aren't here." I remark, stepping back onto the lift. "Keep me updated and use the earpiece sensibly!"

"No promises." He grins.

"I hate you sometimes."

Jack rolls his eyes though the grin doesn't wipe off his face as he presses the button on his Vortex Manipulator to make the lift work. "No you don't because you can't resist how dashing I am."