Chapter 66

TW- Mentions of violence and SA. Please read with caution.

Upon arrival, I pulled into my driveway and turned off my car. I grabbed everything out of the trunk while Demi got the dogs out of the backseat. I led them inside and into the living room before running Demi's things up to my bedroom, leaving the dogs things by the sofa. I headed back to the living room and sat down next to Demi, who had her head buried on her hands and she was crying again. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her to me, letting her lean on me as she sobbed.

We sat like that for a while. Her clinging to me as she sobbed with me rubbing soft circles on her back and whispering calm, comforting words. She eventually calmed down and pulled away from me as we hear the front door open and close, "Mom." I hear. "In the living room sweetie." I call back and a few moments later, in walks Tyra. She stops in the doorway when she sees Demi and looks at me for answers, "Demi will be staying with us for a while." I told her. "Okaaay. Uhm why?" Tyra asks while looking confused so I look at Demi to see if it's okay to tell her, she nods and I turn back to Tyra, "Her house got broken into while she was there and I was on the phone with her when they did so I went over and... handled it." I said and Accalia flashed her eyes so she knew what I meant.

Tyra seemed happy with my explaination and nodded, "Okay, sounds good. Well, the reason I came in was because Becca asked if I wanted to sleep over for the weekend and I'll walk to school with her Monday. Her parents are okay with it but they wanted me to came ask you first." she asked. I thought about for a moment before saying, "You can stay over at Becca's but you can go over after dinner, we have a guest coming over and I know for a fact you'll want to see them." Both Tyra and Demi looked so confused and I just chuckled in reponse before turning to Demi, "I'll tell you when she's gone." I whispered in her ear to which she nodded.

Tyra on the other hand asked, "Who's coming over?" I just smirked. "You'll see when they get here." I said and she walked off groaning, I laughed and turned my attention back to Demi. When I heard Tyra close her bedroom door I said quietly, "Athena is the dinner guest." Demi looked even more confused, "Doesn't she live in San Diego?" she asked. "She did but I offered her a job and paid for her to move to Orlando." I replied and she nodded in response.

As I thought of Athena, I pulled out my phone and texted her. Telling her that both me and Demi were fine, that Demi was staying with me for a while and to be at my place for about 5:30pm for dinner as well as sending her my address. She replied with a thumbs up and said that she was glad that we were okay. I put my phone down on the coffee table and notice Barry and Luna scratching at the patio door so I got up and opened it for the dogs to go outside before returning to my spot next to Demi.

We sat on my couch and I asked her what caused her to her calling me. "Well, I was out walking the dogs at the dog park, like I do almost every morning and we were there for a good couple of hours before my ex walked up to me. It was still pretty early so there wasn't really anyone else around so he walked over and started talking to me but I told him to leave me alone. I turned to walk off but he grabbed my arm and stopped my from going anywhere and said that if I knew what was good for me, I'd listen to what he had to say. So I stopped and turned to look at him, he said that I was missing out not being with him and that I'd never find anyone that loved me like he does." Demi says while looking down at the floor with tears in her eyes again.

I place my hand on hers to reassure her that I was there for her and she looked up at me with a small smile before she continued, "I told him I didn't need him in my life anymore, that he should just move on and leave me alone but his grip tightened on my arm..." she shows me the deep purple bruise that was hidden by the sleeve of her t-shirt. "He told me to call my dogs over so I asked him why but he didn't like that and demanded I call them over as he grabbed my throat so I called them over and leashed them up, only for him to drag me home." She was now fully crying as she spoke. "As soon as we made it back, he shoved us inside and let the dogs free. He punched me in the stomach and grabbed my hair, dragging me upstairs to my room. He threw me on the bed and tied me to it, then he pulled out his pocket knife and got on top of me. He sliced off my clothes and forced himself on me. I tried to find the strength to fight back, to get him off of me but I couldn't. I begged and screamed for him to stop but he didn't, he just covered my mouth and kept going with this sadistic smirk on his face saying that, this was all I was good for and calling me names. After a while, I kinda just went numb to it all and tried to block it all out. When he finally finished, he untied me and left without saying a word. I curled up and just cried for about an hour before I called you." She finished and with every word she spoke, I felt myself getting more and more angry but I kept it hidden for Demi's sake.

But let me tell you, by the time she was done... I was fuming.