Rekindle

As promised, I posted the 23rd chapter. Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the morning, someone knocked on Aggie's door, but Aggie was still sleeping on his bed.

"Agatha, sweetie?" Hearing that there was no answer, knowing her daughter might be upset, Bernadette spoke through the door while holding a bowl of cereal with milk, "I got you breakfast. Your favorite cereal," But there was no answer again. The queen just hoped her little princess would be all right, "Listen, sweetheart, I have to leave your cereal here, and I hope you'll join us at the throne room because... your father and I would like to talk to you," Queen Bernadette put the bowl of cereal on a table next to the door, and quietly left.

In her room, Aggie was wide awake this whole time. She didn't sleep at all. She missed having Trollex by her side. She didn't know what to do without him. She didn't even receive texts from him anymore. It was so lonely. She missed all his hugs, kisses, waves of laughter, and curiosity about the land. She wanted to show him a lot more... if only he was here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After eating her breakfast in her room, Aggie got a chance to get out of her room, and made it to the throne room where her parents were sitting on their thrones. Her siblings and the castle staff were nowhere to be seen. They must've life the throne room to leave her and her parents alone to talk.

"Ah, Agatha, you finally came," King Galileo said, watching his daughter coming closer.

But Aggie rolled her eyes, and scoffed, "What is this all about, Dad? Is it about my coronation? Ugh! Why don't we just get it over with? Let me be queen, and let's just forget everything that happened between me and Prince Trollex so we can finally move on!"

King Galileo sighed. He knew that his daughter would throw a tantrum like this when there was another meeting regarding this kind of topic. Galileo got up from his throne, and walked down to meet up with his daughter closer.

"Agatha, listen to me, all I did for you was for you to be a great queen, and everything I put you through was for you to be responsible for your duties," he said while placing a hand on Aggie's shoulder as she crossed her arms, and looked away from him. The Magic Musical king confessed, "But I was wrong," this surprised the Magic Musical Princess as Aggie turned around to face to look at her father, and the king admitted, "Aggie, sweetheart, I am very very sorry I controlled your life. As king, I was doing everything for my kingdom, but I abandoned my own fatherly duties for you, and I never think of what you wanted. You want to go out, see the ocean life, and fall in love with someone that was meant for you, even if he was from another kingdom."

Tears formed in the king's eyes. It's not the tears of sadness... it's the tears of guilt and regret. Aggie noticed this too. And when she was listening to her father's confessions, would that mean something? Would this mean that her father was... regretting his ways?

King Galileo continued with a long hard sniff, "You were so happy. And I love how you smile like that. I can see that smile on your face whenever you were with Prince Trollex, and I love that very much."

But Aggie was still puzzled at this moment as she asked, "What are you saying, Dad?"

Bernadette then came down from her throne to continue the explanation, "What your father meant to say is... we're sorry that we never realized how unhappy you are under our control. You deserve to be happy, princess. You deserve to go out there, live your life, and be with someone you love."