Chapter 69

I wake up the following morning before anyone else, I look at the clock on my nightstand to see it's only 4:30am. I try to go back to sleep but after thirty minutes, I decide to give up and gently slide out of bed; I grab my phone and walk into my bathroom. I do my usual morning routine and quietly make my way downstairs. My first stop is to the living room to open the porch door for the dogs, then to the kitchen to make a fresh pot of coffee. Once the coffee was made, I pour myself a large cup. I add sugar and creamer before closing my eyes and taking a much needed mouthful.

When I open my eyes again, I see Barry and Luna sat at my feet wagging their tails; grinning up at me. I chuckle and put down my coffee before fixing them their breakfasts. For about half an hour, I sit at the dining table drinking my coffee and scrolling through my socials. I hear Tyra get up and use the bathroom so I finish the last moutful of my coffee and make a start on some breakfast for her before she gets ready for school. I decided to make pancakes with bacon and eggs.

As I'm finishing up, Tyra enters the kitchen rubbing her eyes. "Morning sweetie." I say softly, "Morning Mama." She replies. "What are you doing up so early?" She asks, "Couldn't sleep so I made you breakfast." I say in response and plate up her food. I set the plate down in front of her and head to the fridge, fetching her a glass of juice. We sit together as she eats and I explain to her that Demi will be going to Australia for a couple of weeks to visit her parents, that she will be leaving early morning tomorrow. She was okay with that and finished her breakfast before going back up to her room to get ready for school.

The time came for Tyra to head out to meet up with her friends so they could walk to school together. She gave me a hug goodbye and left for the day while I went back to the kitchen to clean up. As I was making myself another cup of coffee, Demi entered. "Mornin', how you feeling?" I ask with a smile, "Morning and I'm okay." she responds. I make her some coffee also and she sits down at the table to drink it, I then proceed to make us some breakfast.

After eating, I cleaned up and helped Demi pack for her trip. I had been back to Demi's place after getting the all clear from the police that they were done and picked up a lot of her clothes, bringing them back to mine so she had a lot more then a couple of bags worth of clothes to use. I let her use my large suitcase for her trip because she didn't have one big enough for two weeks.

Unfortunately, I had to go to work tonight. I'm still refusing to participate in any matches because they keep wanting me to do a championship match which I flat out refuse to do. I have still been doing segments, promos and standing ringside for the storyline between Sheamus and I but nothing more. The fans have been loving it so far and the creative team want to try working an in-ring kiss somehow but they are not sure how or when, I suggested that it shouldn't be a scripted moment and Sheamus agreed.

Once Demi was done packing, I sat her down in the living room, "I have to go into work tonight to do a segment with Sheamus and Drew and I've asked Athena to come over to help watch Tyra." I tell her. "Okay, that's fine." She says nodding, "I know you are more than capable to watch her on your own but I thought that, with you having to get up really early tomorrow for your flight that you'd want to go to bed a little earlier. And I have a feeling Tyra will want to stay up to watch me even though it's a school night." I said, the last part with a slight chuckle.

We sat and discussed it a little longer before I noticed the time, it was now 12:35pm. I got up and headed to the kitchen, searching through to find something I can make. Having no luck, I went back to Demi and said, "We don't really have anything in for me to make lunch so I'm gunna go change and go to the store, wanna come with?" she nods and we go up to our room to change. We headed out shortly after, getting lunch on the way.