17 - Mom & Dad Are Together

I woke up the next morning with Ransom's arms still wrapped tightly around me and I knew he didn't want to let me go but I knew Oliver would be up soon wanting breakfast. Even with his tight grip I was surprised how easy it was for me to get out of his grip. Once I got out of bed, I leaned down and gave him a small kiss on his cheek. He grumbled and I smiled as he did, that was just like Oliver. I walked to my room and grabbed my robe and some shorts. I put on the shorts then my robe. I passed Oliver's room, opened the door quietly and I saw my sweet boy fast asleep with Dash as his feet on the floor.

"Come on Dash, potty time." I said, he rushed out of the room and we both went downstairs. I went to just let him out in the front when there was someone standing there already knocking. I opened the door and Dash ran out to do his thing, but I was looking at Corey Mathis, the author from dinner last night.

"Corey...what are you doing here?" I asked shocked making sure my robe was very much closed and I was covered up.

"I had to see you, Willa." Corey said and I looked at him confused.

"Okay you can call the office and set up a meeting. Coming to my home is very unprofessional." I said slightly annoyed.

"This isn't about the book. This is about something I know we both felt last night. I felt something for you Willa and I would love to explore it more. I have done nothing but think about you since you drove away and I'm kicking myself for not doing something last night." Corey said.

"What?" I asked as he rushed me and kissed me. He gripped the back of my neck and my hip, holding me to him tightly. I wasn't kissing his back, I was trying to push him off.

"Hey!" I heard Ransom yell from the steps. Corey pulled away from me and just looked between Ransom and me.

"Who is this?!" Corey asked.

"Ransom Drysdale, Harlan's grandson." I said and Corey half nodded.

"I need you to keep your hands, lips and any other body part off my girlfriend!" Ransom said and shoved him.

"She seemed very single last night when she was flirting and sending me "fuck me" eyes across the table." Corey said. Ransom punched the guy in the nose, and I heard the crack the minute he did.

"You know who benefited from those eyes? I did! Now get the fuck off our property!" Ransom yelled. Corey just looked at me.

"You just lost your best-selling author!" Corey said going to his car and Ransom whistled for Dash and he came running in the house, then Ransom slammed the door shut and rushed up to me. He cupped my face.

"You okay?" Ransom asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I didn't kiss him back. I was trying to push him off." I said and Ransom nodded.

"I know baby, I saw." Ransom said. He dropped his hands from my face and placed his hands on my hips.

"Ransom..." I trailed off.

"Yeah?"

"You called me your girlfriend." I said and he gave me a small smile.

"I did...I don't regret it. Like I don't regret telling you I love you last night Willa. It wasn't a sex high, it wasn't anything other than the fact that I really do love you and I have for a long time." Ransom said and I smiled at him as he leaned in and gave me a small but passionate kiss.

"Ransom, you know I have feelings for you, and I wouldn't have done what I did last night if I didn't feel something, I just don't know if I can say those 3 little words right now..." I said and Ransom nodded.

"I know, Willa I don't want to force you. You say it whenever you feel it's right. I'll wait forever if I have to." Ransom said as I snaked my arms around his neck.

"Forever huh?" I asked with a smirk and Ransom shook his head and leaned his forehead on mine.

"Please don't make me wait that long." Ransom said and I giggled.

"Never. But back to my original thought. You called me your girlfriend." I said. Ransom laughed lifting his forehead.

"Well, I figured with last night..." Ransom trailed off and I shook my head.

"You want to do this, you do this right...you ask." I asked and Ransom growled at me and I raised an eyebrow at him and he sighed and hung his head. He took a deep breath and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Willa, will you please be my girlfriend?" Ransom asked and I had to bite my lip with how funny it sounded coming from him.

"Hmm..." I said acting like I was thinking, Ransom playfully pinched a ticklish spot on my side, and I laughed. "Of course, Ransom." I said and he smiled. He looked at me and I just got confused. "What?" I asked.

"Don't you want to ask me something?" Ransom asked and I shook my head.

"Nope." I said and went to act like I was going to get out of his grip and walk away. Ransom gripped me tighter and I smiled. "Ransom Drysdale, you better accept my offer to be my boyfriend." I said and he laughed.

"Wow, really going that route..." Ransom said and I nodded. "Well, I accept the offer." Ransom said as he leaned down and passionately kissed me. Once we broke apart, I sighed.

"We can do this right?" I asked and Ransom nodded.

"Of course, we can." Ransom said and I sighed and nodded.

"Why don't you do wake Oliver and I will start breakfast?" I suggested and Ransom let me go and went to head upstairs as I was in the kitchen cooking.

As I was cooking, I heard Oliver laughing and Ransom playing with him as they walked to the kitchen.

"Good morning, Ollie." I said and Ransom picked him up and brought him to me and I kissed his cheek and hugged him. Ransom smiled as they walked over and he set Oliver in his chair.

Oliver and Ransom talked while I finished breakfast and then set plates down for everyone. I sat next to Ransom.

"Do we tell him?" Ransom whispered and I nodded.

"He should know." I said and Ransom smiled,

"Hey buddy, can mom and I talk to you about something?" Ransom asked and Oliver looked up at us.

"Yeah!" He said excitedly and I loved him for his optimism.

"So last night after I got home dad and I talked for a long time, and we are going to try and be a couple again." I said. Oliver just looked at us oddly.

"What does that mean?"

"What it means is mom and I are going to be together again and not separate anymore. We love each other buddy and we want to try to be together and live a life together." Ransom said. Oliver looked between us and shook his head.

"No! I don't like it! I don't want that!" Oliver said getting up and running from the table leaving Ransom and I in shock.