30 - We Are the Drysdale's

**4 YEARS LATER**

I was sitting at my desk in the publishing company. Meg was still my secretary, opting to not go back to college, it wasn't for her. Joni, her mother wasn't happy but little did she know Meg was getting ready to have her first book published.

I was answering some emails when I heard little feet coming running towards the office.

"Incoming!" Meg yelled as I looked up and I saw my 3-year-old twin girls Penny and Elle coming running in the office. I pulled them up to my lap as Oliver, who was now 9 and Ransom came walking in.

I kissed the girls cheeks and then made Oliver come over and I kissed his cheek as well. I then looked at Ransom.

"This is a surprise." I said and he smiled.

"Yeah, well Marta was working on cleaning and then the guys were in painting the girl's rooms so I just thought I would get us out of the house." Ransom said and I nodded.

"Good idea." I said.

"Mom, when the girl's rooms are done, is mine finally getting done?" Oliver asked feeling jilted yet again. He felt like he was getting pushed further and further back.

"Oliver, yours could have been done first if you had told us what you wanted." I said and he huffed sitting down in the chair. "But yes, the minute they are done, it's your turn." I said and he gave a small smile.

"Who knew it would take kids for us to finally remodel the place." Ransom said and I laughed. He then sighed. "Meg...can you -..."

"Take the kids to the bakery, come on kiddos." Meg said already getting her bag and standing in the doorway to my office as Ransom handed her money.

"Not too much sugar Meg or you come over and put them to bed." I said and she laughed as they left. Ransom closed the door and I just looked at him. He walked around my desk but leaned on the desk beside where I sat in my chair.

"Trying to get a better view down my blouse?" I smirked and Ransom laughed but shook his head.

"I talked to the contractor today and he went up to the room in the attic..." Ransom said and I sighed.

"Ransom..." I said and he sighed with a nod.

"I know you want to keep it the way it is but Willa, you rarely go up there." Ransom said and I sighed but gave a nod.

"I know but it was the last room Harlan, and I were in together in the house. I feel him the most up there. It's the quiet secluded room I need sometimes with crazy children in my house." I said and Ransom laughed.

"Hey, you wanted another baby." Ransom said.

"Yeah, only one!" I laughed and Ransom shrugged.

"I'm just that good." Ransom said and I rolled my eyes.

"Ransom, please leave that room the way it is." I said and he half nodded.

"Okay, we will leave it." Ransom said and leaned down to passionately kiss me.

🕰 🕰 🕰

That night after I put the kids to bed, I got in bed with Ransom who was already fast asleep. The life of a stay at home dad was wearing him out. I smiled seeing him asleep as I leaned over and gently kissed his forehead. He stirred in his sleep, and I laid there on my back, looking at the ceiling.

After a good hour of no sleep, I gently got out of bed and walked out of the room. I looked down the hallway to the doorway upstairs. Before I knew what I was doing my feet were moving me down to the doorway and I walked upstairs, leaving the door cracked in case the kids needed me.