29 - The Search is Over

We got back from vacation and were now at home getting ready for the party that was awaiting us downstairs in the garden. Ransom and I got married and stayed is Essex for a week on vacation. Marta and Meg came back to not make it look suspicious. Ransom and I had Oliver the whole time with us even though Marta offered to take him. We wanted him with us.

"We have been married a week and now back to tell everyone." I said.

"Well, they think it's just an engagement party." Ransom smirked and I nodded as we finished getting ready in the bedroom. Ransom walked up behind me, where I was standing in the mirror and placed his hands on my hips.

"I love this dress on you." Ransom said and I smiled.

"It's my wedding dress..." I said and he nodded.

"I know, I loved seeing you in it

"I know, I loved seeing you in it." Ransom said and then moved to my ear. "But I loved seeing it on the floor better." Ransom said and I moaned as he said this. He and I had a room to ourselves the night we got married. Marta and Meg took Oliver.

"You're just lucky the seamstress could fix the zipper you busted." I said and he laughed.

"I told you get out of the dress. You teased me so I took matters into my own hands." Ransom said and kissed my neck. I leaned back into Ransom as he continued to kiss my neck.

The bedroom door busted open, and Oliver came running in causing Ransom and I to spring apart.

"Grandma sent me up to get you." Oliver said and I sighed.

"Guess we can't leave the guests waiting any longer." I said. Ranson took my hand as Oliver ran out of the room ahead of us.

"So, what exactly did you tell my mother?" Ransom asked as we walked.

"Well that I conformed to her views. Told her we took some time away for just us and we thought about the engagement party and the big wedding, and we were willing to do it...so we are starting with the engagement party but only we are announcing we're married." I said as we walked down the stairs and headed to the back gardens.

Before we could get outside Ransom pulled me into the hallway leading to the library.

"Ransom..." I groaned and he laughed.

"I just want a minute with just you." Ransom said and leaned down to passionately kiss me. When we broke apart, I wiped the lipstick from him.

"We should get outside and get the yelling from your mother over with." I said and Ransom laughed.

We walked outside and everyone saw us come walking out. I looked at the 100 people in attendance and I groaned.

"She really went all out." Ransom whispered to me, and I glared at him. Someone came walking up to us with a glass of champagne for both of us. I looked at the waiter.

"The toast." He said and I nodded. I looked at Ransom and he sighed but nodded. Everyone gathered, going silent.

"We want to thank you all for coming here today to celebrate our engagement and the progress of starting our lives together." Ransom said.