Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Karma

"Bye babe"

Wayne wave his hands before he finally get out of the door. Ngumiti lang ako sa kanya. Today's monday, ngayon nakaschedule ang meeting nila Wayne at ngayon niya din ipapasa ang report na ginawa namin kahapon.

"Ilang bye pa kaya nagawa niya bago umalis" I mumbled.

I am in the kitchen, enjoying my hot coffee in this early morning. Maaga ako gumising dahil tinulungan ko si Wayne na maghanda. He asked me to prepare breakfast for him dahil baka daw malate siya. Alas dose pa ang meeting nila Wayne pero medyo malayo ito kaya habang maaga pa ay dapat na maghanda na siya.

Naalala ko ang napag-usapan namin ni Audrey kahapon. Halos hindi ako makatulog kagabi dahil simula nang masabi niya ang mga iyon ay hindi na ito umalis pa sa isipan ko.

'Your dad's company is running in bankruptcy'

'The case about the accident where your mom died will be reopen.'

'The police found out that the incident was not a accident, it was intended. They are now investigating to search for the mastermind'

Sa dami ng kanyang mga sinabi ay halos hindi ko na iyon naintindihan lahat. I badly want to react but my mind felt numb. My mind was tired of being surprise.

I don't want to react cause I already expected this one to happen. I just realized this is how cruel and strong life is to surpass even my darkest expectations.

If dad's company was running in bankruptcy, then I'm pretty sure it was Amanda's fault. I guess that marrying dad was really her greatest desire so she could enjoy my dad's treasure.

And if there's a mastermind behind my mother's death, wait for me cause I will not just put you in to jail, I would rather punish you myself first before I send you to jail. I would let you experience the same pain you planted on me when you took off the life of my mom cause honestly, I don't trust karma, I want to be the karma myself.

For all those people who keeps crossing my parents way, enjoy every last moment you have while you still can and prepare... for my revenge.

"What's your darkest desire Jean?"

Gab suddenly asked as he munched the food I cooked. Bigla lang siyang pumasok kanina at nang makita ako na may niluluto ay hinantay niya akong tapusin ito para kumain siya.

I sipped the juice in a glass. "Well, it was to take off the mask of those pretenders"

Tumingala siya sa akin. "What do you mean?"

I sat properly before I spoke. "I want to take off the mask they use to wear. I wanted to witness their real color and to see their hidden crime"

It's true. Gusto kong makita ang totoong mukha ng mga taong nakamaskara. I wanted to scan every flaws they have and use it against them. I would make them insecure and would let the world know how dirty they are.

He gulped. "You really hate Mikaela that much right?"

I shook my head. "Not just her"

"And of course her mom"

I shook my head for the second time."Not just them Gab"

"So sino pa?"

I smirked. "The mastermind behind my mother's death"

Nakita ko kung paano nabulunan si Gab sa sinabi ko. He might be surprised, maging ako ay minsan nang nasurpresa sa ganitong bagay pero sa patuloy na takbo ng panahon ay nasasanay na ako.