Chapter 26 - Any Time Is Ice Cream Time

People often made up reasons to deny things, stop from doing things, and make up for things. People made up excuses to explain the unexplainable. Well, I was not going to say that I wasn't one of those people. Surely, I was happy. Maybe I was even ecstatic. Like I said, when Andrew was happy, I was happy.

"Secrets are not good to keep, Andrew, and they aren't nice especially when it involves Lacey." I shook my head, but I smiled at him nevertheless.

He walked into the hotel room while running his hand through his hair. "Kim talked to you?" He was beaming, and I didn't think I ever saw him so happy. Lacey made him smile like this because I was sure that none of the crazy people here could make him grin that crazily.

"You could've told me." I shrugged as I sat on the couch and flipped through the available channels. That was what I had been doing until now. After leaving Aiden to absorb my wisdom and chatting with Kim, I had settled on participating in quite the lazy day. I didn't want any drama, and the best way was to steer clear of people.

He settled onto the couch next to me. "I was going to when you got back to the city. Right now, you're a little busy." He made up the excuse.

I patted his leg. "I'm never to busy for my best friends, and you know that. Plus, it's not like a burden. I'm really happy for you, and it's actually nice to hear not so dramatic Kendra-related stuff." I told him. "So, I'm kicking you out."

He looked confused by the abrupt demand. "W-what?" He pouted for a second.

I rolled my eyes and giggled. "Don't look so sad. It's for your own good. Being around here is insufferable, and now you have that first hand knowledge of that. Don't waste time here for my sake. You should be in the city with Lacey." I insisted. I rather that he get away from here and be with someone he was falling for than stay here in this hell just to make it slightly more livable for me. I didn't need him to make any sacrifice for me even if he would say that it wasn't a sacrifice.

Andrew rolled his eyes. "You don't mean that."

I nodded my head. "I've never meant anything more. Well... wait, that's a lie. But I still want you to get out of here." I waved my hand already dismissing him.

"You're okay with this?" Andrew looked at me skeptically. It was as if he couldn't believe that I would make him leave this place. I didn't understand why he was so insistent on staying. If anyone could tell me that I could leave, I would be out in a flash. However, Andrew seemed to question my offer.

I shrugged my shoulders. "With you leaving? Yeah. I can somewhat survive without you, you know?" I replied with a chuckle at the end. I made it this far without him. I was still somewhat sane.

Andrew shook his head and looked straight at me. "I meant with me dating someone else."

My mind shut down for a second after I realized what he meant. I hadn't even thought to factor that into my equation. I was just happy because Andrew seemed happy. There was no personal feeling and self-reflection involved.

How did I feel about this?

Sure, Andrew and I broke up a while ago. My feelings should have already been gone a long time by now. They were gone by now. Somehow, that statement, though, triggered something in my brain. It was something that made everything incomprehensible for a second. It was something that made me stuck to my spot.

I glanced at Andrew. I remembered how giddy he was when Lacey was talking to him. He was happy and content and like a kid in a candy store. What I replied to him might change that, and I would never devastate any of my friends like that, especially Andrew. He was happy, so why wouldn't I?