Chapter 34 - Figure It Out

I stepped back quickly; maybe too quickly because I almost fell. I tried to get my heartbeat back to its normal pace. Geez, I felt like a pre-pubescent pre-teen all over again as my cheeks heated. "Um..." I stuttered. I couldn't even look back at Aiden at the moment.

Then, I heard my saving grace. "Hey!" Alani called, and Aiden and I both turned to look at her. She stood right where the sand met the water with her hands on her hips. "Christian called. He said he needed something from Aiden." She told us while gesturing to Aiden.

So then, Aiden and I walked towards shore without so much a word and Alani looking at us. "Uh, sure." Aiden muttered when we got closer to Alani. I didn't dare even attempt a glance at him. I didn't want to know what he was thinking, and I didn't want him to know what I was thinking. Although, my brain wasn't so much thinking as trying to wire itself back up. Alani handed him his phone. He walked off to our right.

Alani looked at me with an "I know what happened" look, and automatically, I didn't want to speak to her for the rest of my life. She wouldn't let me get past her, though, and she grabbed my forearm. "I'm not going to talk about it for your sake, so I am going to talk about this instead. Seth texted you." I looked up at her with surprise. Seth and I weren't best friends. We were the kind of friends that only spoke to each other when we were in proximity of each other. "He said he really needed to talk to you." She shrugged.

Now when Seth Price said that he really needed to talk to you it could span topics concerning serious stuff such as a friend in trouble, but most times it was mostly likely something such as he ran out of room in my fridge for his beers. Usually, it was a favor of some kind. "I'll call him." I said as we walked back towards our stuff.

"In person." Alani informed me seriously. "Right now."

That was another story.

I got a dreading feeling in me. I had never been on the receiving end of a request like that from Seth. It made me think that maybe this was worse news than beers. That scared me.

Why would Seth need to talk to me?

"Okay." I murmured in my shock. I picked up a towel from my bag and wrapped it around my waist. "I guess I'll head back to the hotel now, then." I had to be honest. I was okay with not having to face Aiden right now.

"I'll tell Aiden." Alani assured me, and we said goodbye to each other.

What did Price want now? I racked my brain, thinking if I had done something to him. That had to be the reason, right?

When I walked back into the lobby from the back entrance, I saw Seth standing at the elevator. His arms were crossed over his chest, and he was biting on his lip. That was the first sign that something was wrong. Then, he was leaning up against the wall with most of his weight on one foot while the other just bounced up and down. That was the second sign that something was really wrong.

I didn't even have to call his name. He was so wound up that his head snapped towards me the second the door opened. He must have been doing that every time the door opened. "Jordyn." He hurried to me.

"Seth? What's wrong?" I asked him as he quickly grabbed my arm. He pulled me by my elbow towards the elevators and then proceeded to rapidly press the elevator button as if that would make it suddenly appear.

He shook his head at me. "Not in public."

Thus, we went to my room with Seth acting like a rabid squirrel. I would have been laughing if I weren't so worried about what he had to talk about. When he carefully shut the door, he came to stand a distance away from me.