Chapter 08

Camille's P.O.V

" Camille, Dr. Allan is asking if you would like to join us for viewing in the operation room." Milo spoke from the door of the changing room.

"Sure I'll be right up." Milo nodded and left. I quickly picked my hair net and followed him silently close behind.

Entering the operation room, Dr.Allan pointed where we should stand as he started the operation.

Twenty minutes through it Dr. Allan had explained everything about the cat-patient that had swallowed a string that tangled with her internal organs.

It caused her some serious damage to her intestines which were almost being cut off by the thin sharp string. I still never seem to understand why cats and dogs eat such bizarre stuff.

An hour and a half later we walked out of the room after a successful operation. The cat had a really strangled intestine but at least now she was fine although still passed out.

"Camille are you comfortable with being in charge of Goldie, the cat I just operated." Dr. Allan asked as we approached his office.

"I'll gladly attend to her, sir." I spoke up with a smile.

"Ok then, she is all yours and again just call me Allan your making me seem way old with all the sir."

I nodded with a smile as we entered his office to check on some other patients.

Dr. Allan has been a good friend to me since I came here a week ago as a trainee. Turns out that my professor had already chosen a hospital out for me.

***flashback***

I softly knocked at my professor's office door and walked in when I heard a bold 'come in' after taking in some air.

"Good morning sir, sorry to interrupt but you asked for me."

"Ooh.. No my dear do come in, I'll always have time for my best student." Professor Kelly spoke with a kind smile on his wrinkled face.

"You missed my class on Friday which is very rare of you, are you ok?" He continued with a caring and more concerned look.

" No need to worry sir, I just had a minor cough but am well now. I hope my miss out will not affect anything. " I spoke up confidently.

Wow, i really am a good liar.

"No, its okay if you feel well. I just wanted to pass this letter personally to you." He pulled a letter from his file and slowly pushed it to my side.

I stared at the letter puzzled for some time, "Go on, open it." Professor Kelly encouraged me.

I opened the letter and immediately fell frozen after reading it.

No way he did all this for me.

I rushed to the other side and pulled professor Kelly into a tight hug.

I know its unprofessional but who cares, he is my life saver.

" You deserve every part of it. You are always attentive and willing to learn." He spoke between chuckles as he patted my back.

"Don't make me regret choosing you."

"I won't sir, promise." I spoke once I was back on my chair in high spirit.

"I know you will not. You will go there next week, I have a friend there he was impressed by your work and he would not dare to lose you. Dr. Allan is his name, you will get to know jim better once you get there. Now go on to class I'll be there in a minute."