Chapter 24

Camille's P.O.V

I am woken by the sound of soft conversation around me and some small hands caressing my face as my eyes stay closed.

"Mommy."

I almost answer the sweet voice sounding like Vel's but stop remembering that she was.....

Wait!!...

I did save her!!!

I swiftly open my ears turning to the voice meeting my baby's hazel eyes.

"Mommy!." She squeels loudly catching both Damon and I think the doctor's attention as they watch Vel struggle to climb my bed happy.

I help her up and almost regret it when she throws herself on me making me hiss from the pain on my injured arm.

Now I remember, I passed out when Damon was taking out the bullet in my arm. Think he carried me to bed and even stitched me up.

"Easy principessa."

Damon turns his attention to us dismissing the doctor as Vel untangles herself from the hug she had me in.

"How are you feeling." Damon asks once he sits next to me and Vel moves into his arms.

"Fucked up, thirsty and in pain." I honestly whisper back as I try lifting myself up.

He smiles lightly before handing me some pills and water then proceeds talking.

"You were hurt real bad, the doctor has already checked you up, with some medicine and rest he said you will be fine within no time, you need to take it easy."

I nod at him handing him the now empty glass as he still holds Vel in his arms who's busy tracing his tattoos.

"Where is Seb?" I ask hoping that he is not gone again somehow worried that he will be tortured again.

I watch as Damon's mood shifts to an angry one as his cold sharp eyes meet mine.

"Are you seriously asking me about the guy who kidnapped my child?!"

I change my expression to a serious one staring back at him.

"No, am asking about my friend who got blackmailed into using my child as bait." I answer back watching his anger pile up.

"He is that dumb to agree to use a five year old child?"

"He had no choice, where is he?"

We hold each other's eyes as we both hold our stance no one willing to back down.

"He's dead."

"What!!" I shout surprised pulling off the covers from my body startling Vel.

I stare down at my half naked body still in yesterday dirty clothes and groan as I pull back the covers to cover myself.

"Sorry baby, how about you go check on auntie Deja." I try talking Vel out of the chaos we are about to unleash but she refuses.

"How about you listen to mommy and then you and me will go for some ice cream in the park later." She doesn't hesitate as she kisses Damon's cheek after a pinkie promise then runs out the room locking the door.

Aaaaggggrrrhhh.

Daddy's girl.

Once she is out I proceed to uncover myself as I get up from the bed pulling the sheets off as I put them in the laundry basket.

"Who killed him." I lowly ask as I stop by the bathroom door.

I am answered with silence breaking my heart further that I can't avenge his death.