Chapter 11

Camille's P.O.V

I take a break from rushing around in this busy hospital and head for the locker room. Once inside, I walk to the bathroom and splash some cold refreshing water on my face trying to ease the tired look on it.

I catch a glimpse of the hickey that Damon left on me and I internally curse at myself for letting it happen. I know it was fast but I could still have stopped it.

But you didn't and now you just want more.

Did I mention how much I hate this bitch that lives inside my head?.?

However, she is right. I have been a wreck of hormones since yesterday .. No.. Early this morning to be exact.. and no matter how hard I try to ignore them they do not seem to be calming down anytime soon.

I had to leave the hospital early this morning so that I could not mess up with my degree earning goal, I left Damon to look after the girl we saved before I was done with my shift here knowing I'll be back late.

I know, it's a bad decision but who else would I leave her to. At least am 20% sure he won't hurt her or leave her alone.

The urge to stay behind with her was strong but I didn't also want to crush my dreams. I had to balance everything now considering that I have just turned myself into a parent.

I was not in any way ready for such a huge responsibility but I don't regret that choice either I just have to deal with it.

I might be cold, ignorant, a whole lot of an introvert-self and lets not forget I oftenly give zero fucks about anything and everything but I could not just be as heartless as to leave the kid alone.

She has no much difference than me. Only that she got saved from all of it much earlier. That only makes me want to keep her locked under my wing with maximum protection.

I am not letting her go.

When I left she was still far out and the doctors stated that she needed more time. All I want is for her to wake up while I am there, I want to be the first person she accepts.

Is it bad that I hope she doesn't wake up soon? and just stay passed out till I arrive.

Right now I am certainly regretting leaving her with Damon.

What if she wakes up feeling threatened, alone and mostly unsafe??

What if she loves Damon more than you.

As a parent obviously.

Or worse live with him and reject you.

Aaaaaagggggggrrrrrrhh.

I am getting tired of all this what if's. Maybe I should just call him and see how things are.

I splash more water on my face and walk to my locker as I dry my wet hands with a paper cloth.

Taking my phone out of my locker once I open it I take a seat at the bench nearby. Notifications start to pop once I turn off the flight mode and I feel all the color in my face drain.

Damon: 5missed calls

Did something happen to her?.

Did she.. She couldn't..

Before I jump into conclusions I quickly call him back as I pace around the locker room felling all kinds of shitness.

"Hell-"

"Damon, is she okay? Is anything wrong? Is she awake? She needs me, doesn't she? Maybe I should just cancel the rest of my shift here and turn up tomorrow am sure Dr.Allan will understand." I blat out my thoughts once he answers his phone not giving him a chance to speak.