Chapter 20

Camille's P.O.V

I immediately drop my phone and run to my ride not caring to answer Damon who is following me asking what's wrong.

He holds my arm tightly stopping me before I can get on my ride. I face him with an angry expression, but deep down I am broken and feel helpless.

" Let me go!."

"Not before you tell me what's wrong." I want to tell him but I fear if I do I might breakdown in front of him.

"Vel."

That's all I manage to say as I free my arm from him and get on my ride.

If I ever talked about reckless driving then this is worse. I over speed as the fear in me starts to eat me up the more I know she is slipping out of my fingers.

I make it to my apartment and drop my ride on the way not caring to take my keys as I run up the stairs, fuck the elevator.

Once I get to my door the first thing I notice is my broken door knob. I run inside to find the place intact.

No struggle??

I scan all rooms and its true, she is gone. They took her.

Who is 'they'??

Deja cries are audible as I run towards her crying figure on the kitchen counter.

"What happened Deja, who took her." She turns to me and hugs me crying even more as the door bursts open and Damon's voice fills the silent house.

My heart is beating erratically, I feel consumed with many emotions, the worst of them being..

Fear..

I need Deja to talk, I need to know where my baby is.

Damon, Axel and River walk into my kitchen as I pull Deja from my shoulders needing her to talk.

"Stop crying Deja, I need to know who took my baby, I want to go save her, tell me what happened."

She uses the tissue in her hand to wipe her tears that don't seem to stop as she sits down taking a breath. Damon walks up to me and stands behind me as Deja starts speaking.

"I was waking up from my asleep when the sound of the door being broken startled me. I..I.. walked slowly to the sitting room and there were around six men there all dressed in black speaking a foreign language. I watched as they talked to.. to.. I'm sorry Cam."

Seb...

"I wanted to save her, when I noticed they were taking her, I ran to her as she screamed when they carried her dragging her out but this one guy hit me hard and I...I... I blacked out to her cries feeling all helpess and weak. I watched as... as.. Seb stared at me with a sad expression and followed_..."

I didn't want to hear any of it, it just made it hurt worse than it already was. I make it to my room and fall to the floor feeling helpless. I hit the floor time after time till my knuckles start to bleed but I don't stop and neither does the pain in my chest subside.

Damon walks into my room as I continue hitting the floor not wanting to stop. He walks up to me and picks me up and pulls me up to his chest as I try to fight him off.

He holds me tight with my back to his front as I breath heavily. He waits till I'm calm to take my knuckles and check them out.

I rest my head on his chest trying to gather my thoughts but all that I can think of is how I failed Vel.

"I brought danger to her instead of protecting her. I.. You were right, I am a bad_.."

"Hey, you are not a bad mom, you didn't want any of this but you did everything for her. She is not gone, I already have my men checking the security footage, I will find her and bring her back."