Chapter 15

Camille's P.O.V

"Where the fuck are you hiding you little brat."

I try my hardest to silence my cries with my hand over my mouth as my tiny body leans over the wall hurting in every inch of it. The fear in me overflows as I hear my father go silent and his footsteps stop. I'm about to take a peek when he suddenly appears and drags me by the neckline of my cloth choking me.

"You thought I wouldn't find you..?.." he laughs devishly as he throws me hard to the ground making me hit my head hard on the ground.

I turn to search for any safety but its all in vain when I see my older sister smiling at my frail self then remembering there is never any safety in this house.

"I'm asking you once again you filthy thief, where the fuck is my money."

His lash meets my skin as he asks making my endless tears continue pouring as pain fills my whole body.

"I didn't tak.." I'm about to justify myself when countless other lashes meet my skin.

I silently cry as I cover my face while the lashes don't spare any part of my body. I try crawling away but he pulls me back by my leg making me face him.

He harshly slaps me then holds me by my neck making it hard for me to breathe.

"You want to run??.. You think I won't find you..like I always do. No matter where you hide or go I will always find you and make it hurt than before.. That's a PROMISE."

"I'll Always Be There."

I spring from my position holding my throat coughing hard with my breath heavy and unsteady. I look back only to see my bed and my sweat soaked pillow not seeing any trace of him. It felt so real, I can still feel his hand tightly gripping my neck. I slowly fall to the ground hating everything about my life.

I'm helpless

Even after all these years he manages to still invade my sleep and haunt me. I'm tired, my body is tired, my mind is tired everything about me is fed up. I need a break but when will I ever get one when my greatest fear is still alive hoping that one day he'll find me.

My body is still healing from what I went through the previous week but with all this stress and now this recent nightmares it's like the healing process is slowing down. I feel like am about to fall in and give up. I'm getting tired of pretending am sleeping peacefully.

Maybe I should just give up.

It's tempting yet it feels satisfying.

I just crave freedom and peace.

My only strength is Vel and it feels like am loosing her, I don't know how but I just feel it. I can feel how she's slipping from my fingers. I love her, I won't allow it, I'll fight for her but what's stopping me is the fact that I feel like I don't have that ability anymore.

Maybe he's around or he already found me and I.....

NO... NO... He'll never find us.

I need to be strong, for her.

Holding my bed I slowly lift myself from the ground to head to the bathroom. I catch a glimpse of the time and everything just keeps getting worse. It's 3:00am, far from the time I'm supposed to be up.

Cold water pours down my body as I stand under the shower contemplating about everything. Today I need to act up as the good fake girlfriend I promised to be since Damon's mother is coming today. He told me that she's friendly and nice but that's not the issue.