Chapter 10

Camille's P.O.V

I try as best as I can to show that I am in no pain but with the way Damon is driving fast its turning out to be hard. I feel like my rib just cracked from the punch I received earlier, it hurts and all I can do is to try and breathe out the pain.

The last thing I need is attention or any kind of sympathy from him. I hate him and its like that doesn't even bother him.

Hate is strong, say dislike cause you are in his car right know and you are clearly enjoying the view.

I slightly turn my head to face Damon and yes the view is quite pleasing.

He has half his focus on the road with one hand on the steering wheel and the other busy typing on his phone. His dark hair has some strands fallen on his face making him look... No .. No

I am definitely not admitting it.

Bitch!!. Saying he is cute will not kill you.

It may not but I am not risking the pain of even scratching my ego.

In a few words I'll say he looks..... Presentable.. Yes those are the right words.

I turn my eyes to the window and take a minute to take in my surrounding.

He has taste. His sleek car has these black comfy leather seats that are very smooth and delighting. His windows are tinted from the inside from what I can see and I am sure that they give him lots of privacy.

His dominant aura fills the whole car making his presence almost dreadful.

My mind wonders back to the thought of what we might find when we arrive at the address.

What if it's too late and we only find a corpse..

I have to stay positive.

We will get the child, take her to the hospital, pay her bills and there she will receive further help to a children's orphanage.

Is that really you plan. So pathetic.

I mentally curse at the voice and decide to leave tonights plans to go as they like.

I am pulled out of my thoughts when the car comes to a halt.

"The address points us to that house," Damon speaks once we are out of his car.

"Got any plans or are we just barging in?" He asks in a calm voice.

"Unless you have the key to the house am resorting to barging in. The plan is simple get in find the kid and get out." I began walking towards the house once I answered him without caring that I was leaving him behind.

I reach the door and turn the knob which to my surprise was unlocked. Quite a pooper though I wanted to break down the door.

I walk in and scan the pitch black house that looks all lifeless.

"I'll start searching from the upper floor you can start here if you like." Damon suggested looking all intrigued by this place as much as I was but not in a nice way.

I nod and start my search as I hear Damon's heavy footsteps climb the stairs making them produce some weird sounds.

I search all the rooms but I find nothing. Every room I walk in is empty except for the beer cans and smoked cigarettes accustomed with dust.

I take a moment to try and hear if Damon might be any different but from the slight groans and the loud bangs from upstairs, I know we are currently sharing the same situation.

Am about to walk out of a creepy room that am in when a certain smell pulls me back. I take in the smell again and sure enough I am around my jackpot.

The smell of blood gets stronger as I walk to the corner of the room and find a small door, I almost missed it cause it lacked any knob.