Chapter 17

Camille's P.O.V

I busy myself with doing french braids on Vel's hair as she is watching some cartoon on her tablet. My fingers move smoothly through her hair making sure to style her how she loves it when she goes to bed.

Once I am done I place a soft kiss on her head before standing and facing her.

"All done baby, now go to bed. Angie will be here in a few, I have to leave for work."

She stops whatever she is watching and lifts her face pouting at me.

"I am not sleepy mommy, I want to continue watching, please." She speaks in a low tone with her puppy eyes on display.

I watch her my heart filling with something warm, her language is improving since she started watching and Angie helping her read. She is something special, sad to even think that someone could lock her up and even go to an extent of torturing her.

My hand naturally clench into fists with only the thought of it. Not having the heart to deny her what she wants I lightly smile at her and kiss her cheeks.

"Ok then, one more hour and you sleep, deal."

"Deal! Love you mommy."

She squeals as she hugs me, she then picks her tablet and runs off to her bed positioning it in an angle she is comfortable with watching as Fifi enters the room jumping to join her as she purrs falling next to Vel's side.

Such a beautiful sight.

I walk out and back to my room to finish getting ready so that I can leave for the club. Its been a while is I have been there. I also miss my training and those illegal fight I take part in.

Feels like am missing out from all the fun and perfecting my skills. Not that I am not skilled, no, I just feel like parenting is interfering with my usual life schedule.

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining about it, I love Vel more than anything. Its just that...

Maybe she is making me grow soft.

The thought of it only stirrs something bitter in my mouth and a cold rush in my body.

I need to fix my schedule, something I'll do immediately I get back from the club. It needs to be fair to my normal life routine and to my presence to Vel.

I take my time doing my make up knowing that my appearance back to the club after missing out a while will be like a grand opening.

Yeah. Thats how much I am skilled ;)

I then get dressed into some tight black jeans and a large buggy black shirt with some black boots. My hair is tied in a ponytail with the rest of it instead of falling to my back I put it in a bun.

I pick my leather jacket and my ride's keys not forgetting my gun and knife as I head out of my room already missing the rush of riding it.

Damn I really need to get back to my lane.

I first make my way to Vel's room only to find her already asleep with Fifi in her arms and the cartoon still playing. I walk to her bed to pick up the tablet and switch off then place it on the stand next to her bed.

I place a light kiss on her forehead and pull the covers over her small frame. I switch off the lights but leave her night light on that makes the star stickers all over her bedroom walls and ceiling glow.

I got her the night light when I noticed she was having frequent nightmares and her fear of the dark, its a large yellow star with a smilly face. She loves it to a point where we had to carry it when we went over to Damon's place.